Our challenge is to drive exponential business growth at the intersection of innovation, entrepreneurship and passion - delivering cutting edge technologies that solve century old health challenges with greater speed, higher quality and better accuracy for individuals and families around the world. Join us!
As Test Architect (0.5fte) you deal with the Design Verification of complete multidisciplinary products of Digital Pathology Solutions. This consist the scanners, Image Management System software and IT platforms. The Test Architect is responsible to drive the End2End Verification strategy to ensure Verification is managed to meet product needs.
When you walk into work you will be joining a truly entrepreneurial team of over 330 employees spread across 8 countries, all passionate about defining the future, growing the business and having fun. You will be considered an “early joiner” to the Philips Emerging Businesses family which plans to expand itself by approximately 700 members in the next 3 years. The Test Architect is part of the Verification & Validation development team.
Test Architect (TA) (0.5fte):
• Provides Technical Leadership and Strategic Direction to the V&V Organization
• Is responsible for Test Strategy formulation
• helps Formulate & Develop effective Test Architecture per organizational needs
• Is the foremost Technical Authority and is responsible for the overall Quality of deliverables across all parameters, both functional and non-functional including performance, security, usability, etc.
• Is expected to pro-actively analyze current processes and practices and suggest/ drive improvements.
• Defines processes as needed
• Is the counter part to the System architect
• Is involved in driving organization-wide Quality Process initiatives and their implementation to ensure Quality of deliverables influences the product organization's future direction, strategy and planning
• helps with Verification plan development
• Is responsible for design & development of the Test Automation framework / harness and any in-house tools required. Where tools do not fully meet requirements of V&V, the TA writes code / develops components that can extend available tools or even design & develop tools as needed.
• Analyzes competitive products and technologies and makes appropriate suggestions (may use demos) to influence product / technology direction
• Has overall product knowledge and is able to mentoring V&V team members pro-actively
• seeks to make continuous improvements to Test coverage, execution and automation participates in test planning for all products handled by V&V
Educational and experience requirements
• Has a thorough understanding of white box, black box, use-case based and other test techniques.
• Is an acknowledged domain expert, both w.r.t. the test profession and the product itself (ISTQB Expert Level)
• Understands test tooling issues, can organize test automation.
• Familiar with FDA guidance, CFR 820.30
• The Test Architect is aware of his leading role in a testing team.
• Knows how to coach people towards achieving their goals.
• Propagates test techniques & methods.
• Adapts his/her level of communication to the level and background of his/her audience. This applies both in person-to-person situations and in addressing audiences.
• He is a good and firm negotiator in order to create win-win situations.
• He constantly improves own performance, by study, and by evaluating own behavior.
• Is able to handle conflicting interests.