Technical consultant Healthcare Informatics (Freelance)
Install, implement, update and upgrade Healthcare Informatics systems. Furthermore, you are responsible for integration with EMR?s. In addition, you will provide direct technical support to customers by resolving remote or onsite malfunctions in a service desk capacity.
You are responsible for
- Performing installations and upgrades as directed by the Project Manager. Remotely or onsite.
- Providing technical consultancy to our customers for their solution by analyzing the current implementation and matching this with best practices that meet customer requirements.
- Assisting in the definition of the requirements of the solution.
- Reviewing quotation / solution developed for the customer for technical feasibility.
- Reporting customer feedback according to applicable quality standard policies.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation.
- Understanding technical integration and interoperability requirements from a customer's (workflow) perspective, including its environment (adjacent systems, IT environment).
- Designing characteristics and capabilities of applied Philips & 3rd party integrations.
- Providing state of the art integration expertise and consultancy in solution definition and implementation.
- Acting as a liaison between cluster/project team, BU, 3rd party system (partner) suppliers and our customers.
- Supporting new product introductions and project initiations.
(Remote / Onsite) Support
- Providing Technical Support to customers as well as supporting internal Philips organizations, dealers, and distributors.
- Assessing complex technical and clinical problems, collecting data, establishing facts, defining an action plan, and driving the plan to resolution.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining the Philips implemented solutions.
- Providing remote system monitoring and performing data analysis.
- Implementing approved changes at customer's site.
- Escalating incidents if necessary and tracking these problems until closure
- Supporting HI Operations management on escalated issues in the communication to customers.
You are a part of
The Benelux Healthcare Sales and Service organization with around 400 employees. You will become part of the Enterprise Diagnostic Imaging Operations division within the BeNeLux organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Bachelor Degree (BSc): you work and think at Bachelor level and preferably have 3-5 years of experience in IT. Extensive experience in health care is an advantage, but experience gained in other sectors can also be a welcome addition to us
- You should have knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Windows OS, SQL, network and preferably knowledge of HL7 & DICOM protocols
- A service-oriented attitude and a good dose of ambition and stress resistance are essential for this position
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary project teams
- You are a flexible team player and able to motivate people
- Very good command of Dutch (native) and English in word and writing
- run standby services on a regular basis
- perform servicedesk activities
- work outside normal office hours when needed
- travel (Netherlands)