System Engineer (Freelance)
1. Both Micro Devices organization and the MEMS foundry are relying on one-of-a-kind person which manages the MES in both organizations (SAP for Micro devices and CMF for MEMS). These two employees are fully utilized and have no backups, which puts large risk on continuity of operations in case of vacation, sickness or resignation.
2. For Micro-devices, lack of global IT support requires large internal efforts to develop MES into a workable system and Equipment integration that will match operations needs. Additional manpower is needed to implement needed changes and upgrades.
3. For MEMS, the implementation of the new MES is highly demanding for development of reports and dashboards, failure response and maintenance of the system during 2 shifts (6am to 23pm), and implementation of new content (2 further phases are planned). This amount of work cannot be support by 1 person. Current problems/improvements backlog is 500 lines
4. In order to allow support of both organizations, 1 position to be shared between two teams (40% Greenhouse and 60% MEMS foundry).
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Maintain, expand, and improve existing SAP (MES) landscape of Greenhouse and Lead the integration process of a new MES system into the MEMS foundry, covering all manufacturing aspects (Manufacturing, maintenance, engineering, Quality and supply chain). As system owner you will be responsible for configuring and maintaining manufacturing workflows in SAP/MES and acts as functional 1st line support, captures learnings and improvements to drive Philips Manufacturing Excellence standards.
You are responsible for
- Maintain, expand, and improve existing SAP (MES) landscape Integration of a new MES system into the MEMS foundry.
- Responsible for system configuration, validation and maintenance of the manufacturing and equipment mgmt. workflows in SAP/MES.
- Ensure compliance with QMS and other local regulations. Support the local factory on a day-to-day basis, as a 1st contact for the local business in MES related requests. Co-create new functionalities with the P2FG community (design/test).
- Point of contact between central IT team and local business, for patch upgrades, new releases coming from the P2FG Program. Point of Contact with IT Global Services for Maintenance Windows related to P2FG MES, incidents and other performance related issues. Update and distribute user documentation in accordance with local training processes for P2FG MES enabled processes.
- Train local key users in accordance with local training processes for P2FG MES enabled processes.
You are a part of
A multi-functional team responsible for all aspect of the MEMS & Micro Devices excellence: Engineering, Maintenance, operations and Supply Chain. In this role you will report to the Manufacturing Manager and collaborate with many other teams and stakeholders (Engineering, Process development, IT, Sales, etc.).
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience.
- Master or Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent competence gained through working experience.
- Experience with configuration and validation of MES (Manufacturing execution systems).
- At least 3 years experience as functional application management in SAP-ME environment or similar MES system.
- Experience or strong affinity with manufacturing technology and business processes. Basic IT skills in scripting/programing and databases (SQL). Configuring Dashboards and Setting Up a Basic Production Line in SAP ME/MES.
- A strong team player with excellent people skills and a can do approach.
Leads small projects in Manufacturing. Manages small own project team as part of a larger project. Accent on realization of a sub-process.