Participate in innovative Research projects where you will boost our innovations by enabling the implementation of application stacks on out “on premise” and public cloud-based infrastructures. You will bring in your expertise in the field of HPC and cloud technologies and to support our teams in creating breakthrough innovations.
The role will encompass the use of a broad range of HPC, OpenStack and Amazon AWS technologies, operating systems (Linux) as well as container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
You are responsible for
Together with your colleagues you will ensure the proper operation of our “on premise” Linux and Openstack based IT infrastructures as well as support projects that make use of IT resources in the AWS cloud.
You are a part of
The Digital Platform Solutions department whose mission is to accelerate the creation of new digital propositions by providing deep knowledge and expertise on digital platforms, big data lifecycle management, software development and cloud and high-performance computing (HPC). We are part of Philips Research.
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we are dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives.
We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
Core Role Responsibilities:
• Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing “on premise” and AWS based IT environments.
• Support Research projects in implementing their applications stacks “on premise” and on AWS.
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
• Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
• Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
• Ensuring critical system security using best in class (cloud) security solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience with using a broad range of Amazon Web Services technologies to develop and maintain secure AWS based cloud solutions.
• Solid experience as a Linux system administrator.
• Solid experience with automation of IT infrastructures.
• Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker and/or Kubernetes)
• Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
• Managing and building OpenStack environments.
• Programming: Java, Python, and/or Go.
• Configuration management tools (Git).
• Basic DB administration experience.
• Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
• Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)
• Experience with storage solutions and network access protocols (NFS, SMB).
• B.Sc. or Master in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline.
Other Candidate Requirements:
• Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
• Detail-oriented individual with the ability to learn rapidly new concepts and technologies.
• Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
• Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.