SW Designer FORS (Freelance)
Function: SW Designer FORS - Signal Processing-CUDA/FORS engine
As SW Designer in the new business venture FORS, you hold a pivotal role and can disrupt Medtech and make a real difference for patients.
The proposition is new to the world and a crucial step in our Image-Guided Therapy (IGT) purpose of treating patients better by innovating minimally invasive procedures. It will give you the chance to join our great journey in disrupting the current status quo within IGT.
This customer-centric, fast-learning, and agile FORS venture team values drive, creativity, and fast decision making in an integral business context. You play a material role in the FORS engine SW team. You are responsible for (parts of) the SW design, development, and implementation of the system applications for data acquisition and data processing. Dealing with uncertainty comes naturally to you.
- Delivering technical solutions that conform to requirements with a strong focus on end-users, high quality (QMS/regulatory standards), performance, safety, and security.
- Creating high-quality software via feature-driven development in an agile approach.
- Participate in the end-to-end Software process including design, coding, documentation, testing (automated), releases, and maintenance of medical software according to the IEC 62304 standard.
- Participate in sprint planning, stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives, and backlog refinement.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of the team, software, and processes.
- Remaining abreast of technical knowledge and industry trends by studying and implementing, state-of-the-art programming techniques and development tools.
- Participating in educational opportunities, participating in communities of practice, reading professional publications, and maintaining personal networks.
You are a part of
Image-Guided Therapy is one of the four Philips business clusters, focused on diagnostics and therapy in the cardio-vascular domain, spanning the imaging guidance systems business and the therapy delivery business. Strengthened through recently acquired companies like Volcano, Spectranetics, Intact Vascular, and EPD Solutions.
The overall strategy of IGT is to create an integrated clinical solution business that supports customers throughout the entire minimally invasive procedure and beyond.
Within these ventures, the entrepreneurial, multidisciplinary FORS team acts as a start-up in a large corporation. Its main goal is to build new businesses and acquire new skills whilst leveraging the competencies of the broader Philips organization.
You will report to the Venture R&D Manager and are functionally guided by the application SW Architect.
The FORS venture is based in Best (Netherlands) and operates globally. Want to learn more about FORS: https://www.philips.com/a-w/research/research-programs/fors.html
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- BSc/MSc in SW engineering, informatics, or equivalent by significant experience.
- Significant experience with development in CUDA and C++ in a windows environment and experience with MATLAB, and with translating data processing algorithms into highly optimized CUDA kernels.
- Significant experience in multi-threading software design and hardware control, SW technology, and SW product development.
- Experience with development leveraging C#, .NET, WPF in a windows environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in programming languages & paradigms, methodologies, and techniques; Software design including software design patterns; Lean / Agile / SAFe.
- Knowledge of medical device SW development is a pre.
- Result-driven, hands-on and entrepreneurial mentality, with the potential to develop into a lead designer role.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.