Software Test Engineer (Contract)
Will you be strengthening our team with your Agile testing experience and make a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process? As Agile SW Tester, you have to bring your competencies to the limit to design and execute objective, reproducible and maintainable tests in an Agile environment. Can we count on you to drive the Agile Testing mindset within our Agile Release Train (ART) to the next level using the latest technologies and tooling?
Your responsibilities include:
- Work with Product Owner(s) and developers to define Acceptance Criteria
- Actively collaborating with developers and business stakeholders to clarify requirements, especially in terms of testability, consistency, and completeness
- Work with Product Owner and developers to define the test strategy/design on feature level
- Writing and executing automated checks and reporting back to the team
- Provide continuous feedback to the team about quality
- Coaching other team members in relevant aspects of testing
- Ensuring the appropriate testing tasks are scheduled during release and iteration planning
- Participating proactively in daily standup meetings, story refinement sessions, team retrospectives, suggesting and implementing improvements
You are a part of
The Business Unit IGT Systems, which is responsible for marketing, development, manufacturing, services, and solutions in the area of cardiac and vascular medical diagnosis and intervention. Our customers are interventional specialists in the cardiology, vascular surgery, neurology, and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe. You will join a high-performance and culturally diverse department in a dynamic environment. The department consists of 35-40 highly educated software engineers responsible for developing the robotic subsystems of our interventional X-ray systems. As Agile SW Tester, you are part of one software development team.
We offer the opportunity to play a role in the development of IGT Systems from Concept Start until End of Life and to contribute to the way our innovations improve the health of billions of people across the globe. You will work in close cooperation with various teams across Philips IGT, playing a vital role in creating and maintaining a state-of-the-art software stack. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor/Master in Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as an Agile Tester in a product development environment
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodologies. Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a pre
- Competent in Test Automation and Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Certified in Software testing (ISTQB) is a pre
- Be positive and solution-oriented with team members and stakeholders
- Display critical, quality-oriented, skeptical thinking about the product
- Actively managing and acquiring information from multiple stakeholders (rather than relying entirely on written specifications)
- Collaborate within the team, working in pairs with programmers and other team members
- Respond to change quickly, including changing, adding, or improving test cases
- Tool experience: SpecFlow, SpecSync, Azure DevOps, PTC Integrity
You'll receive bonus points for:
- Experience with C# and/or C++ Software development
- Experience in a mechatronics environment
- Experience in a regulated environment
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.