Software Project Leader PTC Windchill RV&S (Freelance)
As Software Project Leader PTC Windchill RV&S you are responsible to lead a team of software and process experts to develop and release features for R&D departments throughout Philips businesses globally. The tool covers requirements-, risk- and test management and traceability, as defined in the company wide process framework. PTC Windchill RV&S has to support regulatory evidence creation.
Your software team consists of approximately 10 engineers in Eindhoven and Pune India and has interfaces to the served businesses, process experts, a validation team, Philips IT teams and the supplier PTC.
The team exists since mid 2020 and is growing to satisfy the increasing needs of businesses for features, interfaces and required support. You will be mainly involved in creating predictable delivery and support and continuous improvement in agile way of working. You will work closely with the Program Manager and Product Owner.
You are responsible for
- Manage implementation of the feature backlog by creating user stories in the team as well as creating sprint and program increment plans with a high level of predictability
- Manage support requests from the businesses
- Manage dependencies to other teams such as the validation team to perform regulatory required tool validation, the process experts who assist in detailed definition of process automation, the IT teams and the supplier.
- Implement continuous improvement to achieve an optimal DevOps setup enabling continuous integration and built-in quality. You will improve both ways of working as well as well as structures in development tooling, configuration management, defect management and automated test framework.
- People management of your team, together with the PES group manager in order to achieve collaborative and effective teamwork and development and knowledge buildup of individual team members
- Transparency in planning and progress according SAFe/agile principles.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- PhD or Masters (MSc) degree in Informatics or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a software R&D environment, preferably in a SAFe/agile environment
- Proven track record as software project leader or scrum master
- A proven track record in the application of requirements management, test and verification best practices;
- Experience of working in a regulated environment or a medical device company has a strong preference;
- Analytical and architectural thinking, system view
- Flexibility and a hands-on mentality to deliver sustainable results and creative solutions;
- Excellent reporting, communication and documentation skills;
- Experience with working with requirements or test management tools, e.g. DOORS, ALM, PTC RV&S, Polarion, etc.;
- Excellent consultancy skills and the ability to connect with project and business stakeholders;
Furthermore to be successful in this role you are:
- Motivated, self-driven with a determination to succeed and the ability to adapt to change;
- Analytical, you are open to new ideas and believe in continuous learning in order to develop new competencies;
- A critical but constructive contributor
- Customer focused, have excellent communication skills and you are a team player;
- Fluent in English
The main location of Engineering Solutions is located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). Other locations are in Aachen (Germany), Cambridge (USA) and Pune/Bangalore (India).
You will be part of a team with over 1000 technology experts, designers, project managers and consultants who have decades of experience in supporting customers both inside and outside
Philips - from major companies in markets such as semiconductor industry and healthcare to highly innovative start-ups.
The Reliability Solutions department within Philips Engineering Solutions is a dynamic team of well over 150 engineers and consultants divided in 4 competence groups in the field of Electronic Design Services (EDS), Test and Verification Engineering (TVE), Product Quality and Reliability Services (PQRS) and Model Based System Engineering (MBSE).
Your group Model Based System Engineering consist of about 30+ highly skilled technical professionals. Your customers are both internal Philips businesses as well as external companies.