Job Description Summary
Work in industrial research and contribute to converting research algorithms to new application software.
Job Posting Description
In this role, you have the opportunity to be part of our team working on development of systems for contactless (camera-based) monitoring of vital body signs and people activity. We are looking for a strong software engineer to convert research algorithms (in Python, Matlab) to working software (C++). You have affinity with working in a Research environment and the capability to bridge the gap with product development; preferably, you also have experience in signal/video processing.
You are primarily responsible for
• Design, testing optimization, maintenance and documentation of software implementation of 2D and 3D computer vision algorithms, adapted to specific application and hardware requirements.
• Fast prototyping of algorithms and application software in functional prototypes.
• Design of a software framework for data acquisition, processing and validation.
You are a part of the Remote Sensing department in Eindhoven. This department consists of 20 highly skilled professionals focusing on unobtrusive monitoring of activity and vital signs of patients and people. It functions as a recognized competence center for camera-based technologies for Philips businesses, and has the charter to scout for other, emerging technologies for remote sensing.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor or Master degree in computer science, informatics, or equivalent.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in engineering and optimization of software algorithms, preferably for video processing and 2D, 3D computer vision.
• Good skills and experience in software design, engineering and rapid prototyping in C/C++ and other relevant languages, including Python and Matlab.
• Working experience with professional SW design.
• Creativity and ability to translate explorative ideas into tangible results that may lead to future products, solutions and services.
• Strong communication skills in written and verbal English.