Software Engineer - Data and digital applications (Contract)
Philips has a long history of successfully introducing innovative products to the market (lamps, CD players, medical imaging equipment, patient monitors, etc). Today, Philips is connecting its products to the digital world, introducing new services and integrated solutions based on digital technologies. Therefore, Philips Research and Philips product divisions rely more and more on data and machine learning techniques which are the core of new Philips intelligent solutions. We are looking for a candidate to join the Personal Care & Wellness department of Philips Research to work on data infrastructure and applications within the Personal Care arena. The candidate should have knowledge and experience in the broad area of engineering technologies and data science platforms.
As a SW engineer in data and digital fields you will:
- Apply, adjust and advance the state-of-the art of SW technologies and data infrastructure used as a backbone for data analytics techniques and use them in Philips products, services, software and solutions.
- Participate in research projects that address data analytics challenges and create relevant modules and tools that enables their work.
- Align & network with opinion leaders within Philips Research and the Business Sectors
- Scout for new technologies by visiting conferences, universities, vendors and monitor the literature and Internet sources as well as work closely with Philips data experts.
- Explore, experiment and pilot in internal concept creation projects
- Design and develop SW modules that will facilitate operations in the following area: classical, deep, reinforcement, transfer, and active learning as well as distributed parallel computing, by enlarging relevant knowledge and bringing-in new knowledge;
- Pro-actively make knowledge available for operational use within Philips Research and Philips, by making modules reusable by others [non-programmers] as well contribute to successful transfers of research results to customers;
- Keep abreast of technical, application and market developments in the relevant technological and industrial areas, showing interest in the business aspects;
- Contribute to the definition of the departments research program;
- Contribute pro-actively to a creative and inspiring working environment.
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we're dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
The mission of the Personal Care and Wellness department in Research is to lead Philips Personal Care business into the Digital era through world-class innovations based on data science in the context of skin and hair domain knowledge. The focus of the department is on applying and advancing the automated methods used to extract new insights/knowledge from skin/hair data and personal care routines. The department builds on several interconnected competences including skin physiology, physics and optics, data analytics and user experience. We use the advances in the aforementioned scientific disciplines, as well as new digital platforms to create innovation for Philips Personal care business by extracting insights from various sources like health records, sensors, mobile devices, Web, and social networking sites in the context of skin and personal care routines.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Solid foundation in computer science and experience in SW engineering in data science domain
- A MSc/PhD in computer science (or equivalent) is a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong personal relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips Research; with customers, obtain their user needs and be able to transform those into practical solutions
- Team worker in multidisciplinary and international settings, able to adapt quickly
- Curious, proactive, fast learner able to quickly pick up new areas
- Affinity to the AGILE way of working
- Hands-on experience developing modular components & specifically in Python
- Proven experience in designing data models in compatibility with REST interface
- Familiarity with signal processing and computer vision packages is a plus.
- Familiarity with Deep learning and Machine Learning packages is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes (or comparable) is a plus
- Experience with DevOps culture is a plus.
- Proven capabilities and at least 5 years of experience
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.