Software engineer (Freelancer)
Software engineer - Software Excellence
In this role, you have the opportunity to support 1000s of software people (and the businesses that surround them) in techniques, tools, culture, practices, and ways-of-working that provide a sustainable increase in speed and quality. You will do this across diverse locations, technology stacks, products, and businesses.
You are responsible for:
- End-to-end development of tools & techniques to assist the Software Center of Excellence in delivering value to its customers.
- Contribute to the development and stabilization of new features, testing, and automation of the software that SWCoE currently owns.
- Reliability, deployment strategy, data-backup-strategy, Security audits, and all the interesting software development elements that come with scale.
You are a part of the Philips Software Centre of Excellence competencies team with diverse technical abilities and backgrounds. This team used a combination of top-down, bottom-up, and middle-out approaches and exploits formal and informal influence channels to achieve their goals. We are all passionate about software.
You should have the following skills to succeed in this role:
- You are someone who is passionate about functional programming, clean, reproducible code, and you take responsibility from the development to the deployment of your work.
- You have experience with some, small, ETL pipelines, and deploying software to Kubernetes; but you mostly enjoy developing new customer-facing features!
- You will be contributing to our CI/CD pipelines, and a stable data pipeline.
- Have 5 to 8 years of experience, and you have enough maturity to understand the needs and independently work with less supervision, and have high integrity.
- You are willing to utilize DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
- You should have an open mind to learn new concepts and apply them on-the-go.
- Bachelor's degree (in STEM areas) or other equivalent degrees/professional experience.
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team.
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment.
This work can be done remote or on-site but covering time-zones close PIC site and Eindhoven HTC
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.