Software Designer (contract)
The Business Unit Image Guided Therapy Systems is responsible for marketing, development, and manufacturing of X-ray systems in the area of cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g. a “dotter” treatment). The customers are hospitals, medical specialists, and universities. Philips develops and manufactures best-in-class medical products. One of its successful products is the Azurion platform. This platform allows our customers to easily and confidently perform procedures with an unrivaled user experience, helping them to optimize lab performance and to provide superior care.
As part of the R&D team creating the embedded software for controlling all motion on the x-ray system, your challenge is to create high-quality, real-time software features within a continuously rejuvenating software architecture. With these technical challenges, you will be part of the goal to touch patients’ lives when it matters most and to aim to do it in the most reliable, effective, and sustainable way.
Check out the following link to get an idea of what you will be working on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3beNv83PuO0
· Design and implementation of software – understand and communicate consequences of your design on the architecture and influence design specification
· Design software on the basis of design specifications in accordance, to ensure that the software will be reliable, efficient, user-friendly, easy to maintain, and meet the (medical) quality and coding standards
· Implement class, unit integration, and unit tests for the designed modules or components
· Perform work in line with processes that have been agreed upon in the department
· Contributing to the unit interfaces (SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines
· Initiatives and active participation for continuous improvement and scrum process
You will be contributing to a SAFe ART, responsible for developing software, mechanics, electronics, and mechatronics of all moving parts of the X-ray system. The ART consists of an international and diverse group of people, divided into 10 SAFe scrum teams each 7-10 people big. You will be a team member of one such team. Your team will be responsible for developing software controlling all movements of the X-ray system. We expect you to share your opinion, even when not asked. We have a strong focus on continuous improvement; our teams are proactive in solving issues. We are happy to welcome new team members and we will provide lots of help to get you up to speed.
- Master degree in Software Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of experience in technical software development
- Highly skilled in C++
- Software modeling experience (e.g. DSL, Dezyne, …)
- Experienced in working with legacy code
- Experience in a mechatronics environment is preferred
- Can do style