Software (SAFe) Release Train Engineer (Freelance)
Will you be strengthening our team with your SAFe Release Train Engineer specialization and make a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process? Can we count on you to help develop new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications?
Will you be the servant leader to deliver released upon commitments towards our (internal) clients working with the train members especially (PM, Architect & SMs), challenging them to get the best out of themselves?
A servant leader, custodian of Agile practices and coach for the Agile Team / Agile Release Train (ART) / Solution Train. Major responsibilities are to:
- facilitate the team / train level events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value.
- Communicate with stakeholders, escalate or remove impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
- Facilitating and guiding the work of all Teams / Trains and respective suppliers in the value streams.
- Manages and optimizes the flow of value through the Team / ART / Solution Train(s) using various tools, such as the Team / Program / Solution Kanbans and other information radiators. Encourages collaboration between teams and System & Solution Architects/Engineering/Marketing/Q&R etc. (e.g. continuous delivery pipeline, Lean UX and DevOps)
- Facilitates Agile ceremonies such as Sprint / PI Planning readiness, by fostering the preparation of Vision and Backlogs, and through pre- and post-PI Planning meetings
- Facilitates periodic synchronization meetings, including the Scrum of Scrum / ART sync at the Program level and the Value Stream sync for Solution Trains
- Works with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, Software Leaders and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment. Assists tracking the execution of features and capabilities
- Coaches different stakeholder groups (leaders / Product Owners / teams / Scrum Masters) in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Helps manage risks, dependencies and conflicts and escalates and tracks impediments in alignment with Software Leaders
- Provides transparency and radiates status to all relevant stakeholders (e.g. RTE / Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)) and supports related activities
- Drives continuous improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assesses the agility level of the Team / ART / Solution Train and helps them improve
- Foster built-in quality practices
Within Philips Healthcare in Best, the Business Unit Image Guided Therapy Systems is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-ray systems in the area of cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g. a dotter treatment). The customers are hospitals, medical specialists and universities. Philips Healthcare develops and manufactures best-in-class medical products. One of its success products is the Azurion platform. This platform is allowing our customers to easily and confidently perform procedures with an unrivaled user experience, helping them to optimize lab performance and to provide superior care.
We are looking for
An energized team player and team builder that embraces the Agile way of working while understanding the importance of delivery to commitments and consequently demonstrates the genes of a delivery manager with:
- Business Insight & Customer Focus
- Experience in RTE / scrum master roles in a SAFe context
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) organization
- Excellent effort estimation skills
- Min. Bachelor degree in informatics
- 5+ years of experience in technical software development
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leading and Facilitating Change
- People Skills
- Conflict Facilitation
- Optimism and Servant Leadership
- Organization and empathy
- Flexibility and persistence
- Acting as a coach for team development
- Communication and good listening power
- Proven Project Management experience is an advantage
- Can do style
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to its diverse workforce. We will consider you for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.