Software integration engineer
In this role as an Integration Engineer you will be challenged to strengthen the software engineering teams with brain- and man- power to ensure timely releasing of high quality products, systems and services to ensure the continued growth in an agile environment.
Philips Digital Pathology Solutions aims at digitizing the pathology workflow. One of the components in this work flow is the digitization of the images used in pathology. Philips Digital Pathology is developing a next generation digital microscope for that purpose. The role that is offered is part of the project that is designing this digital microscope. The microscope is built on a Linux platform with various technologies, like Java, C++ and HTML5
As an integration engineer, your main responsibilities are the integration of the software modules in Java and C++ that make up the application layer of the digital microscope onto the target hardware. The modules span the range of image processing algorithms, user interface components, state machines, control software.
Within this role you will be:
• Responsible for the integration of the software on component on system level; understand and communicate consequences of the integration on the architecture;
• Execute and contribute to defect finding, resolution and verification process.
• Perform work in line with the product development resp. software engineering processes that have been agreed in the department;
The Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) venture started in 2007. The venture is establishing a worldwide business for total Digital Pathology Solutions encompassing an UltraFast scanner for digitization of microscope tissue slides and a Pathology Image Management System. The venture aims at leveraging multiple Philips assets and capabilities (brand, market channel, technology) for establishing the total solution and being the 1st to market to establish a dominant market position. The market launch of the first solutions was in 2011. The venture has an installed based in US, Europe and Asia and keeps expanding. Our mission: In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analysis solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
As a Software Engineer you will report directly to the Group Leader Software Engineering and within projects to the responsible Project Manager..
We are looking for
The successful candidate has/is:
• Higher vocational level (HBO) or university education in Software Development;
• +/-10 years of experience as software developer / integrator for embedded product application development with proven track record on software integration on hardware;
• Affinity and experience with working with hardware and working in Agile development techniques;
• Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English and preferably Dutch language;
• Preferably affinity and experience with working in large cross functional teams.
• Relevant experience / competencies:
o Development on Linux,