In this role as Software Engineer you will be challenged to strengthen the software engineering teams with brain- and man- power to ensure timely releasing of high quality products, systems and services to ensure the continued growth in an agile environment.
You will be part of a team that enables advanced image analytics solutions for the current and next major version of our image management system (IMS). Goal is to improve the quality and effectiveness of the operation in hospitals or research centers that have deployed digital pathology. Image analytics solutions range from computer aided measurements and characterization to algorithms assisting the diagnosis.
Within this role you will be:
• Responsible for the design of software on component or module level; understand and communicate consequences of your design on the architecture;
• Design software, on the basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications;
• Finalize the design specifications, code and test the designed modules or components, so that the software in question will be reliable, efficient, easy to maintain, and user-friendly;
• Perform work in line with the product development resp. software engineering processes that have been agreed in the department;
The Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) venture started in 2007. The venture is establishing a worldwide business for total Digital Pathology Solutions encompassing an Ultra Fast Scanner for digitization of microscope tissue slides and a Pathology Image Management System. The venture aims at leveraging multiple Philips assets and capabilities (brand, market channel, technology) for establishing the total solution and being the 1st to market to establish a dominant market position. The market launch of the first solutions was in 2011. The venture has an installed based in US, Europe and Asia and keeps expanding. Our mission: In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analytics solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care. As a Software Engineer you will report directly to the Group Leader Software Engineering and within projects to the responsible Project Manager.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.
We are looking for
The successful candidate has/is:
• Higher vocational level (HBO) or university education in software development.
• 2 - 5 years of experience as software engineer.
• Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English and preferably Dutch language.
• Preferably affinity and experience with working in cross functional agile teams.
• Experience with HTTP/REST services and web development patterns.
• Back-end: .NET, C#, SQL Server.
• Dedication to unit testing, code reviews and other quality-oriented practices.