Software Designer with Dezyne experience
In this role, you have the opportunity to develop on imaging mechatronics software solutions for cardiovascular x-ray systems
Our challenge is to
We aim to make the world healthier through innovation by providing to our customer the best portfolio of image guided therapy systems to support minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment for a variety of critical conditions. Our products support physicians performing providing the best treatment in the most demanding conditions, from cardiovascular to oncological and neurological treatment. We touch patients’ lives when it matters most and we aim to do it in the most reliable, effective and sustainable way.
You are a part of
An international and diverse group of around 30 highly skilled colleagues who work on a sub-system that is responsible for positioning the X-ray beam with respect to the patient. Together with colleagues from other sub-systems you will represent Positioning SW in a team that will work on solving factory issues and investigating customer complaints.
In this role you will closely collaborate with the factory and service colleagues in solving challenging technical problems. Problems can be as diverse as identifying defect hardware to solving race conditions in our software. Although you will be working together other team members, you will need to be self-propelling and show clear ownership.
You are responsible for
• Design and implementation of software (on component or module level)—understand and communicate consequences of your design on the architecture and influence design specification;
• Design software on the basis of design specifications in accordance, to ensure that the software will be reliable, efficient, user-friendly, easy to maintain and meet the (medical) quality and coding standards;
• Implement class, unit integration and unit tests for the designed modules or components;
• Perform work in-line with processes that have been agreed in the department;
• Contributing to the unit interfaces (SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines;
• Initiatives and active participation for continuous improvement and scrum process.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• At least 5 years of experience as a C++ (v11) software engineer for real-time performance software product;
• Experience with modelling technique Dezyne from Verum Software Tools is mandatory;
• The challenge is to scout for opportunities where Dezyne can be used in both legacy code as new to be build software features
• See the challenge in working with a very large codebase (new and legacy code) that will need new features added or embedded in existing code, updates, (bug)fixing, improvements.
• Dedication to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices;
• Commitment to and experience with working in cross functional agile teams;
• You take ownership, challenge others, drive a flexible and open attitude and effectively communicate;
• You’ll get bonus points for:
• Experience in a mechatronics environment
• Experience in a regulated environment