Software Designer Mobile App Development iOS
Do you want to participate and take a challenging role as mobile app developer in innovative projects in the domains of healthcare, lifestyle and connected products, the internet of things, mobile and cloud solutions? Are you interested in working in a multi-disciplinary environment, driving new digital product development for Philips Avent in a team of highly engaged professionals?
Philips Avent is a fast growing mass consumer products business that brings solutions for mothers and their babies and toddlers. One of the flagship products is the parenting platform uGrow that we are continuously improving and extending with new and improved features.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Create the best mobile app experiences for new moms and dads!
• Understand the user needs and translate this into technical requirements.
• Participate in the architecture definition and detailed design decisions of the mobile app. Participate and oversee the realization of the software development process with a remote development team.
• Support and improve the mobile app in production by using monitoring tools and data analysis.
• Participate in product improvement together with the Architect, Consumer Care and User Experience teams.
• Integrate features provided by external service providers and/or connected products
• Collaborate with suppliers, internal and external Philips.
You will be part of the R&D function within BG Health & Wellness assigned to the software development group within Mother and Child Care - Philips Avent. Physical location is within the Innovation Site Eindhoven on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
In your role you work closely with integral project teams including marketing, consumer care and quality departments. Additionally you will work closely with the internal Philips platform organization. You will be working in a dedicated team for existing and new generation Avent products.
Depending on the project you might work with different suppliers across the globe.
A challenging position with the ability to deliver meaningful innovations for newborns and their parents. Learning what product development truly is about with the opportunity to technically develop as an architect in a product focused organization.
We are looking for
• A Master in computer science or informatics (requirement).
• At least 5-8 years relevant experience in developing of mobile apps and services (requirement).
• An extensive portfolio of successful apps with high number of downloads and high star rating.
• Expert knowledge of app development using: xCode, Swift, C++ for iOS.
• Experience using BLE, Wi-Fi, IoT.
• Experience using AWS and Parse.
• Experience of state of the art security measures is an advantage.
• An interest and working experience according agile development methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills (including English).
• A team player, eager to invest in personal and team growth.
• Strong analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skills. A problem solving and pragmatic attitude.
• Professional, flexible, spirit to go the extra mile.