Job Title: Software Designer
Do you enjoy to work on software for highly innovative medical systems while cooperating closely with various other groups of our organization? Are you pro-active and can you drive change? Then we are looking for you!
In this role you are responsible for the design and implementation of software for use within medical systems. In addition, you’ll contribute to software that improves the overall development and test process by working closely with DevOps and Manufacturing.
Your responsibilities include
• Establish requirements, design, implement, test and integrate software for medical devices, DevOps, and manufacturing test tooling adhering to higher level requirements and stakeholder needs
• Ensure high quality, robust and easy-to-maintain software that meets specifications and our quality standards
• Contribute to software and DevOps technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities
• Define and communicate consequences for software design on architectural and requirement choices
• Determine well defined interfaces (SW/HW) in close consultation with relevant disciplines.
• Keep up-to-date with developments in software engineering technologies and DevOps and propagate it
You are a part of
The Image Guided Therapy Systems (IGT-S) development organization which consists of 450 people, of which 110 people work in software development. You’ll be part of the multidisciplinary Image Control Software team that focuses on real time systems software, software tooling and DevOps. All activities take place in a regulated medical, process driven environment that focuses on quality.
We offer the opportunity to play a role in the development of IGT Systems from Concept Start till End of Life and to contribute to the way our innovations improve the health of billions of people across the globe. You will work in close cooperation with various teams across Philips IGT, playing a vital role in creating and maintaining a state of the art software. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
We are looking for someone with
• At least a Bachelor degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent
• At least 3 years’ experience in system software (tooling) development
• Experience with software development methodologies such as agile, scrum and V-model
• Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle: requirements, design, implementation, test and integration
• Experience with C++/C# , object oriented programming, SOLID principles and unit testing
• Good communication in English (both written and verbal)
• Personality skills to collaborate with collegues from different teams/levels and think across functional borders
• A lean/pragmatic attitude who can drive change and continuously seeks improvements and ways to reduce ‘waste’
• Interest in development of software in a controlled regulated environment
• Experience in working in a healthcare product development environment is an advantage