Senior Systems Engineer (with MBSE experience) (Freelance)
Play a key position for the growth of Philips Innovation Services as Senior Systems Engineer with experience in application of Modal Based Systems Engineering in the high precision mechatronics domain and the medical equipment domain.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will work in a multi-disciplinary project team of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and our customers.
In this role you will deliver high quality (subsystems of) products, by meeting user and business requirements, managing complexity, technical leadership, and stakeholder management.
You will be responsible for Managing complexity of products or systems in multidisciplinary setting, within scope of a single business.
Leads and influences others and drives design for quality and is closely involved in the program of the applicable business
Makes a fundamental contribution to the innovation of products or processes.
You are responsible for
- Translation of user and business requirements into product requirements, high level product design, check and optimize integration and verification
- System decomposition and allocation of derived requirements down to HW/SW element and part level and related traceability.
- Trade-off of product/system design specifications and interfaces, determine feasibility of potential solutions, and leading technical & design reviews.
- Overall technical leadership and responsible for realization of full systems product release/life cycle management to ensure quality and compliance.
- Ensuring full product regulatory compliance
You are a part of
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services (PInS) that is responsible for specification, design and realization of high-end mechatronic solutions. In this department is the group Electrical Systems & SW Motion Control responsible for the electrical and software control of these equipment and products.
Philips Innovation Services itself draws upon a large range of resources and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and several companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Master degree or equivalent in engineering.
- At least 5 years work experience, preferably in professional engineering with demonstrated technical leadership skills.
- Capable to solves fundamental problems on the basis of thorough (unique) knowledge in the professional field including solving technical problems that have never been encountered previously in the organization
- Able to generate initiatives with regard to technological improvements, and performs future-oriented studies in dialogue with other specialists
- Proved to make substantial contribution to the innovation process and communicate new insights to own business (closely involved in policy preparation.).
- As a specialist in business and solving complex problems you were responsible for the overall concept at systems level.
- Experienced to work according to the V model in defining requirements, test specifications, supervising execution of the tests and reporting the test results (Draws up design requirements and produces specifications for the product).
- Able to steer and supervise high level and detailed design of products and systems (Draws up schedules, and assigns parts projects to members of staff)
- You have proven and extensive experience with Modal Based System Engineering including the use and application of the MBSE tooling in SysML
- Proven experience in at least one of the domains medical equipment, industrial automation and high precision mechatronics as senior systems engineer
- Experience with regulations for developing medical devices and equipment.
- Proven team player and able to technically lead a team of engineers in a multidisciplinary project giving them technical guidance
- Have clear drive for Design for Quality ensuring also the aftercare of projects
- Customer centric attitude.
- You are willing to travel up to 25% (excluding Corona situation)
- Willingness to work at the customer location
In return, we offer you
We provide a path towards your best career; within Philips Innovation Services you will get the possibility to work on a variety of projects and customers where you will be responsible for the system engineering and design.
You will be enabled to play a significant role in growing and strengthening the Modal Based System Engineering competence within the Philips Innovation Services.
The cutting edge challenges, inspiring teams, learning resources and unexpected career experiences you'll encounter here will make you a more marketable professional. You will be equipped to be in full control of your desired career wherever you want to go.