Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer (Code Quality Lead)
Philips Digital Computational Pathology - Our Mission:
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analysis solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
Philips Digital Computational Pathology aims at digitizing the pathology workflow. One of the components in this workflow is the digitization of the images used in pathology. Philips Digital Computational Pathology is developing a next generation digital microscope for that purpose.
As a Software Quality Engineer, you will report directly to the Group Leader Scanner Platform within Research and Development Department.
In the role of Software Quality Engineer, you will strengthen the software engineering teams to ensure timely releasing of high quality products, systems and services by structurally driving the improvement of software development as a craft.
Within this role, your main responsibilities include:
• Establishing and driving a community of code quality within DCP organizing software quality assessments and leading teams and tech leads to establish improvement plans and coach them to reach new excellence targets
• Liaison with Philips Centre of Software Excellence, establishing and driving software quality activities in accordance with their programs
• Facilitation of Department wide Software Quality audits
• Organizing workshops trainings and coding dojos together with enthusiastic colleagues.
• Driving the adoption of the latest development tools and build pipeline technologies. You will work together with Tool venders to keep our automated code quality measurement systems at the cutting edge of our craft.
• Coaching teams and leading problem solving deep dives. You will work as an embedded coach within scrum teams
• You have excellent software development skills and a deep understanding of the clean code principles. You are accomplished practitioner of test driven development.
• You have a passion for Code Craftsmanship and take pride in all aspects of software development.
• You are programming advocate, able to use the technique to tutor and train as well as for regular development.
• You naturally motivate and inspire software developers to grow in their craft.
• You have experience in working with hardware, embedded systems and working in an Agile environment
• You are flexible and have an open attitude with good communication skills in English (and Dutch)
We are looking for
The successful candidate has knowledge of /is:
• A Masters degree – preferably in computer science / informatics / software engineering
• At least 5 years of experience as a software developer / designer for embedded product application development.
• Engineering Skills
o Object orientated Software design
o REST APIs
o Numerical Algorithm development and porting (preferably Image processing)
Languages and Frame works
o Angular JS
• Operating system
o Jenkins CI/CD