Senior Software Engineer (freelance)
Senior Software Engineer, Clinical Data Repository
The position is for an experienced senior software engineer to act as a developer within HSDP, with excellent and deep technical expertise, who can coach others and strengthen the scrum teams. She/he should be a strong technical developer with extensive experience in the applicable technologies (see below) and with excellent technical communication skills towards other team members.
It concerns a full-time assignment with 3-5 days per week on-site presence on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. This team is working in a DevOps way and is responsible for monitoring their services 24/7 in production.
- Ample experience with developing RESTful Microservices using Spring Boot/MVC/Cloud
- Experience in designing distributed applications on IAAS like Cloud Foundry/Docker/Kubernetes
- Proficient in data modeling, logical and physical database design using PostgreSQL/Oracle/MS SQL/MySQL
- Experience in building triggers, stored procedures/functions using SQL, PL/SQL
Knowledge of query execution and optimization using indexes, partitions and analyzing query plans, performance tuning
- Knowledge of data interchange formats like XML, JSON
- Clean code and knowledge about Design Patterns and SOLID principles
- Familiar with working in scrum teams and applying agile development techniques
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing
- Experience in designing and writing automated functional/performance tests
Nice to have experience
- Experience with working according to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Knowledge of OAuth2, OpenID Connect, and FHIR specifications
- Experience working with Python and building triggers, stored procedures/functions using T-SQL, PL/PgSQL
- Experience in DevOps (e.g. production deployments, monitoring and alerting, troubleshooting)TFS, MTM (test management), CI/CD pipelines
- Test-driven development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)Special characteristics/requirements
- Understanding of working in a highly regulated environment (medical)Willingness to join the rotating 24/7 on-call pool
- High quality and improvement attitude
- Independent worker with a fast learning attitude
- Experience with multi-cultural environment and multi-site project set up3.
Key areas of responsibilities
- Creates high quality working software
- Feature-driven development in an agile approach
- Actively participates in sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives, and backlog refinement.
- Contributes to continuous improvement of the team, software, and processes
- Designs, codes, documents, tests (automated), maintains and deploys software
Supports DevOps in deploying software
- Defines, monitors, and meets performance and quality metrics
- Provides technical solutions that conform to requirements with a strong focus on end-users, high quality (QMS/regulatory standards), performance, safety, and security
- Keeps abreast of technical knowledge by studying and implementing state-of-the-art programming techniques and development tools, participating in educational opportunities, participating in communities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or higher
- Good documentation and reporting abilities
- Good communication skills
- Disciplined team worker
- Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.