Senior Software Engineer (Contract)
Philips Digital Cognitive Diagnostics is a new business within the Philips CTO-ventures organization. The venture is tasked with developing a new “software-only” product called IntelliSpace Cognition. This new product, which is a class II medical device, will help neurologists in assessing the cognitive performance of people with a neuro (degenerative) disease. The initial market for IntelliSpace Cognition is the US. A product video can be found here: https://youtu.be/U5KipcjPtz8
The venture is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer. The position is based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
• Design, test, develop, deploy, maintain and improve software assets
• Analyze/Research issues and provide solutions to quickly resolve them
• Willingness to pair programming with team members
• Actively participate in solution design with system engineers and architects
• Successfully manage the day-to-day usage and provisioning of cloud and hybrid resources, as well as helping build systems for dynamic scaling.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in developing software applications
• Experience in Agile development methodologies
• Back-end experience: C#, .Net Core, modern web technology stack (micro-services, message queue, REST API definitions, cloud services)
• Solid experience with key DevOps technologies including Docker, as well as DevOps experience in AWS / Cloud Foundry, including hybrid, IaaS, automation, and tools for CI/CD services.
• Relevant experience in working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
• Strong experience with highly scalable and distributed databases and the key issues affecting their performance and reliability.
Nice to haves:
• Relevant experience with TFS
• Relevant experience with Medical Device development
• Relevant experience in Cordova (iOS) application development
• Relevant experience with Python
• Relevant experience in test-driven development
• Excellent communication skills (fluent in English).
• Interest in joining a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural, multi-site team.
• Problem-solving mindset, accurate, strong analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skills
• Fulltime available on-site (HTC) and willing to travel to other countries when needed (e.g. US, India)
The position is initially for a period of 3 months though may be extended through the course of 2021.
Financial compensation will reflect the experience that the candidate has.
For more information:
For more information on IntelliSpace Cognition please see:
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.