Job Posting Title
Senior Software Engineer/Scrum Master
Philips Digital Cognitive Diagnostics is a new business within the Philips HealthWorks venture organization. The venture is tasked with developing a new “software only” product called IntelliSpace Cognition. This new product, which is a class II medical device will help neurologists in assessing the cognitive performance of people with a neuro (degenerative) disease. The initial market for IntelliSpace Cognition is the US.
The venture is currently seeking for a Scrum Master who also wants to work in a multi-site development team as a Senior Software Engineer. The position is based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
• Facilitate the team when deciding which stories will be included in each iteration by understanding team’s velocity and story scope and size
• Coordinate iteration planning, daily stand-ups, and review/retrospective sessions with rest of multi-site located employees
• Understand key business objectives and strategy for the product, and be able to synthesize and communicate these objectives to the team
• Design, test, develop, deploy, maintain and improve software assets
• Deliver high quality code thru hands on development with attention to detail
• Analyze/Research issues and provide solutions to quickly resolve them
• Options to peer programming with team members
• Actively participate in solution design with system engineers and architects
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in developing software applications
• Experience in Agile development methodologies
• Back-end experience: C#, .Net Core, modern web technology stack (micro-services, message queue, REST API definitions, cloud services)
• Front-end experience: HTML5, CSS, Angular5/6
• Relevant experience in working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
• Medium experienced with cloud development (PAAS, IAAS, SAAS) / CloudFoundry
• Medium experienced with continuous integration scripts
• High experienced in test driven development
Nice to haves:
• Relevant experience with TFS
• Relevant experience with Medical Device development
• Relevant experience in Cordova (iOS) application development
• Excellent communication skills (fluent in English).
• Interest in joining a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural, multi-site team.
• Problem solving mindset, accurate, strong analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skills
• Fulltime available on-site (HTC) and willing to travel regularly to other countries (e.g. US, India)
The position is initially for a period of 3 months though may be extended through the course of 2020.
For more information:
For more information on IntelliSpace Cognition please see: