Senior function developer coffee, expert in the field of Fluid and Thermal dynamics (Freelance)
In this role, you have the opportunity to be part of the Advanced Development team of the Business Group Coffee. You will be responsible for the development of new functions for full automatic espresso machines, applying your expertise in the area of fluid and thermal dynamics in the development of robust proven functions in a multidisciplinary team.
You will be responsible for translating complex consumer and business wishes into fully proven technical solutions and innovative products. As a senior function developer you are responsible for:
- Development of new functions in multi-disciplinary project teams of marketing, design and innovation professionals and liaising closely with Philips' partners and supply base
- Translating consumer needs into business propositions in conjunction with the marketing, consumer research and supply organization
- Translating commercial, functional and aesthetic product requirements into technical concepts and solutions
- Responsible for timely delivering of new functions with adequate performance, quality, reliability, safety, manufacturability and cost price
- Driving continuous improvement of our ways of working
- Supporting and challenging individual team members to ensure their professional development
You will be based in Drachten, the Netherlands. Our site in Drachten started in 1950 as a small factory and is nowadays one of the largest innovation and production sites of Philips Consumer Lifestyle. Approximately 2000 employees of more than 35 nationalities are continuously working on new, innovative products and further improvement of our processes. This site has a surface area of 280,000 square meters. Our goal is being the best place to work for people who share our passion. You will become part of the Coffee team that consists of 55 enthusiastic innovation specialists.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You have a Master or Bachelor Degree in Applied Physics or Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in fluid/thermal dynamics;
- You have minimum 7 years of experience in the development of consumer appliances;
- You have well-developed analytical skills and a fundamental understanding of innovation processes;
- You have experience in both front-end and realization projects and are able to translate your industrial experience into robust function design in pre-development projects;
- You show drive and are quality driven;
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus;
- You have the ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- You are ambitious, a team player and you have good coordination and communication skills.