Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Freelance)
Senior Software Engineer needed for a full time, job position in Drachten, DA - Floorcare team.
As an embedded software engineer your challenge is to design, develop and test embedded software for domestic appliances, reporting to Project Team leaders, and to the Electronic & Software group leader in a matrix organization.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Contribute to the estimation of the required development effort and run-time resources.
- Define, or help to define, the software architecture of platforms, or products
- Write proper design documentation for the developed embedded software products.
Write the source code in the C programming language, according to the applicable coding standards, and internal rules
- Participate in reviews and walkthroughs as appropriate and write and execute unit /component test cases.
- Contribute to improvements of processes needed for developing products. Coach junior SW engineers
- Lead small SW development teams (SPL - Software Project Leader) within the boundaries of larger project team.
- You have a Bachelor degree or Master degree in software engineering.
- Thorough understanding of modern software engineering tools, methods, processes
- Previous experience in developing software for ARM-Cortex microcontrollers.
- You are able to understand simple electronic circuits
- You are able to use standard measurement equipment like multimeters, logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- You like working in multidisciplinary teams and you are able to communicate very well with different (international) people;
- You have no objections to travel and occasionally work some days abroad
- You have a pro-active attitude and high quality mindset towards your assignment.
- Good communications skills, also in English
- Knowledge of C++ or Phyton
- Knowledge of SVN, Trac, Doxygen, GNU tools
- Previous experience with static analysis tools and coding standards (PC-Lint, Misra)
- Previous experience of software integration in multiphysics modeling and simulation tools (MatLab/Simulink) is a plus
- Knowledge of IoT products and technologies, both product (embedded) and infrastructure (web) sides is a plus
- 10 years working experience in developing embedded software for consumer or automotive products