Senior Electrical Architect Philips Innovation Services (Freelance)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Play a key position for the growth of Philips Innovation Services as Senior Electrical Designer with experience in the high-precision mechatronics domain and the medical equipment domain.
As a Senior Electrical Designer, you will work in a multi-disciplinary project team of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and our customers.
You will be responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, testing and integration of the electrical part of the equipment in the high precision mechatronic or medical domains.
Key aspects in complex mechatronic equipment are advanced motion control, accurate measurements, electrical drive systems and electrical infrastructure.
You are responsible for
- Electrical architecture of high precision mechatronics products and systems.
- Electrical systems requirements specification, design and documentation of medical equipment and high precision mechatronic systems
- Electrical team lead within specific multidisciplinary projects
- All this in an environment where electrical guidelines for Healthcare equipment as IEC-60601, ISO 13485 are used.
You are a part of
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services (PInS) that is responsible for specification, design and realization of high-end mechatronic solutions. In this department is the group E-HW & SW Motion Control responsible for the electrical and software control of this equipment and products.
Philips Innovation Services itself draws upon a large range of resources and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and several companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Master's or Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
- At least 15 years work experience, preferably 10 years in a high-tech environment.
- Profound knowledge of motion control solutions and electrical drive train technology.
- Able to make a work break down and a planning for the electrical team in the project.
- Able to steer and supervise detailed design of electrical part of products and systems
- Proven experience in at least one of the domains medical equipment, industrial automation and high precision mechatronics as senior electrical designer or electrical team lead
- Experience with CE, EMC and UL regulations and more specifically with regulations for developing medical devices and equipment.
- Experienced to work according to the V model in defining requirements, test specifications, supervising execution of the tests and reporting the test results
- Proven team player and able to lead a team of electrical engineers in a multidisciplinary project
- Customer centric attitude.
- You are willing to travel up to 25%
- Willingness to work at the customer location
In return, we offer you
We provide a path towards your best career; within Philips Innovation Services you will get the possibility to work on a variety of projects and customers where you will be responsible for the electrical architecture and design.
The cutting-edge challenges, inspiring teams, learning resources and unexpected career experiences you'll encounter here will make you a more marketable professional. You will be equipped to be in full control of your desired career wherever you want to go.