Senior back end developer /Software engineer
Philips Digital Cognitive Diagnostics is a new business within the Philips CTO-ventures organization. The venture is tasked with developing a new “software only” product called IntelliSpace Cognition. This new product, which is a class II medical device will help neurologists in assessing the cognitive performance of people with a neuro (degenerative) disease. The initial market for IntelliSpace Cognition is the US. A product video can be found here: https://youtu.be/U5KipcjPtz8
The venture is currently seeking for a Senior Software Engineer. The position is based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
• Design, test, develop, deploy, maintain and improve software assets
• Deliver high quality code thru hands on development with attention to detail
• Analyze/Research issues and provide solutions to quickly resolve them
• Options to peer programming with team members
• Actively participate in solution design with system engineers and architects
• Successfully manage the day-to-day usage and provisioning of cloud and hybrid resources, as well as helping build systems for dynamic scaling.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in developing software applications
• Experience in Agile development methodologies
• Back-end experience: C#, .Net Core, modern web technology stack (micro-services, message queue, REST API definitions, cloud services)
• Solid experience with key DevOps technologies including Docker, as well as DevOps experience in AWS / Cloud Foundry, including hybrid, serverless, IaaS, automation, and tools for CI/CD services.
• Relevant experience in working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
• Strong experience with highly-scalable and distributed databases and the key issues affecting their performance and reliability.
• High experienced in test driven development
Nice to haves:
• Relevant experience with TFS
• Relevant experience with Medical Device development
• Relevant experience in Cordova (iOS) application development
• Excellent communication skills (fluent in English).
• Interest in joining a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural, multi-site team.
Submit your proposal