Senior System/Hardware Engineer - Philips Homecare products
Senior Hardware Engineer needed for a full time, job position in Drachten, DA - Homecare. Looking for an experienced engineer capable of autonomously design electronic circuits (hardware), and of supporting project teams in system architecture analysis, control strategies definition and key components selection.
As a senior hardware engineer your challenge is to define system and hardware requisites, model and simulate complete electromechanical/multiphysics systems, and design and validate PCBA prototypes. You must also analyze mass produced domestic appliances, and all system components and modules, for failure analysis and quality improvement. You might also be requested of coordinating electronic testing activities, and small electronic project teams. Support product development and autonomously design sub-modules and hardware functions under the supervision of project leaders in a matrix organization.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Responsible for designing domestic appliances electronic controls systems.
• Electronic-Hardware design as a team member, or with EPL (Electronic Project Leader) role.
• Support system architects in defining requisites, and simulating, system modules and components: Motors, valves, actuators, control strategies, PCBAs.
• Ability to read, understand, and implement a design from customer/marketing specification. Derive system and hardware requirements.
• Basic understanding of EN-standards and IEC/UL normatives for domestic appliances.
• Ability of producing standard electronic design documentation: Schematics, BOM, PCB layout/Gerbers, requirements, test plans/reports. Executing design analysis: FMEA, quality, safety, cost.
• Previous mechatronic experience and multiphysics systems modeling (Simulink), in collaboration with other disciplines experts: Mechanics, fluid-dynamic, chemistry/batteries, software controls.
• Ability to follow department standards, and procedures.
• Develop designs with minimal supervision for PCBAs controlling floorcare products. Confident with DFM-DFT-DFC practices.
• Provide professional communications skills with team members, and stakeholders.
• Provide proficient knowledge and interface to outside ODM/OEM suppliers.
• Support Supply Chain and Life Cycle Management. Provide technical assistance and guidance to other Engineering disciplines and to PRC, Marketing, Procurement.
• Provide leadership and education to other team members, especially when acting as Electronic Project Leader.
• Provide electronic interface to project teams via conference calls, design reviews, site survey’s and procurement calls.
• Provide quality workmanship in research and developing innovation.
• Bachelor Engineering or master in Electronics.
• Proficient with Altium CAD, LTSpice, Hardware simulators.
• Proven mechatronics systems experience: Multiphysics control systems modelling (Simulink), and simulation.
• Algorithms definition and systems control software simulation (Simulink). High level understanding of Electrical Control systems.
• Deep knowledge of standard electronic laboratories tools and common instruments.
• Deep knowledge of analog circuits, power circuits, and discrete components for cost sensitive/large volumes products.
• Deep knowledge of PCB/PCBAs manufacturing process, electronic design documents, and procedures.
• Excellent communications skills, also in English
• Ability to speak professionally and directly with team members
• Ability to provide clear explanations and guidance to no-technical stakeholders with simple language
• Basic knowledge of embedded programming (C language) is highly appreciated.
• Previous motor controls experiences: DC brushed, BLDCs.
• Previous Li-Ion battery pack and BMS systems design.
• Min.10 years design experience.
• Prior consumer or automotive experience.