Sr. Software Designer Imaging Chain Cluster
Will you be strengthening our team with your embedded software design specialization and make a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process? Can we count on you to develop new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications? Will we be able to challenge you to show an abstract understanding of concepts but at the same time show in-depth low level programming knowledge of C++?
• Responsible for the design, realization and test of a system, subsystem or component in accordance with the higher level Requirement and - Design specifications / architectures.
• Implement the design or coach others during the implementation.
• Develop the work with focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, and keeps this outside-in approach in mind for the created designs.
• Determine the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines.
• Ensure proper documentation for the developed hardware/software/mechanics.
• Understand and communicate the consequences of his/her design on the architecture.
• Keep abreast of technical developments in own field through study of literature, and technical contacts, and propagate it.
• Perform work in line with the processes that have been agreed in the department
• Contribute to (SW-) technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities.
• Give guidance to the Work Breakdown Structure/ the planning process of his/her area.
• Inspire other team members to get the job done.
• Guide other Software Designers in the design and implementation of the parts of a subsystem.
• Network with colleagues within Philips and beyond
• Maintains external contacts for benchmarking, new SW-technologies, tooling, design methods, and reflects them to the SW-group.
Within Philips Healthcare in Best, the Business Unit Image Guided Therapy Systems is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-ray systems in the area of cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g. a “dotter” treatment). The customers are hospitals, medical specialists and universities. Philips Healthcare develops and manufactures best-in-class medical products. One of its success products is the Azurion platform. This platform is allows our customers to easily and confidently perform procedures with an unrivaled user experience, helping them to optimize lab performance and to provide superior care.
You will be contributing to a team developing technical software for controlling X-ray acquisition. X-ray acquisition is the process of controlling the X-ray beam and detecting the transmitted X-ray beam to deliver a high quality image. This is done in close cooperation with the Software system architect(s) and test and integration teams.
We are looking for
• Academic or bachelor degree in informatics
• 10+ years of experience in technical software development
• C++ 11 knowledge
• Proven track record in defining and maintaining complex software
• Software modeling experience (UML, DSL, Dezyne, …)
• Experienced with programming hardware
• Experienced in working with legacy code
• Windows 7/10
• (WindRiver) Linux
• Knowledge of GPU programming and/or GUI frameworks like DirectX
• Preferably experience with using and building DSL’s (Xtext/Xtend)
• Can do style
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to its diverse workforce. We will consider you for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.