Senior NodeJS backend developer
Philips Healthworks is looking for a senior NodeJS backend developer to join the team. We are a small agile team that works on innovative software in the space of Health Management. We are looking for a senior developer that can take charge of our main backend that powers our web and mobile applications.
The team consists of designers, mobile developers, backend developers and web frontend developers. Together we work on systems that help people lead a healthier life through management of their vital signs and coaching them towards health lifestyle. Typically we collect data through a variety of connected devices, store the data in the backend, run analytics on them or provide automated coaching based on personal data. In addition we typically provide dashboards to medical professionals to manage a group of patients.
- Architecting and developing the NodeJS backend for a large web/mobile application
- Maintaining a clean codebase and managing refactoring work together with product owner
- Working in agile setting with the product owner and other developers
- Deploying new versions of backend and fronted
- Extensive knowledge of MySQL, MongoDB or similar
- Expert in defining and implement RESTful APIs for frontend applications (web/mobile)
- Knowledge of web security aspects, knowledge about HIPAA compliance is a pro.
- Knowledge of continuous integration, and automatic deployment to production/staging/development environments
- Experience with using AWS for basic hosting and application deployment
- Minimally a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 years of experience as a backend developer
- Experience working agile
- Experience in making complex web applications
- Entrepreneurial mindset and able to take charge of things yourself