Senior Measurement System Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Develop test methods, including equipment requirements, and the execution and reporting of verification tests. You will significantly contribute to the verification of innovative consumer products on safety and quality aspects.
You are responsible for
• Review, comment and propose on product requirements to ensure testability and “design for test”;
• Assisting the development lead to create smart test designs regarding feasibility (costs, timing, quality, location);
• Establish and maintain verification methods and tools;
• Tests and measurements execution and reporting;
• Analyzing and post-processing of measurement data;
• Contribute to functional continuous improvement plan and knowledge base.
You are a part of
The Test and Verification group, a group within the product development Department of the Innovation Site Eindhoven, located at the center of the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. The T&V group consists of approximately 27 people, highly flexible, dynamic and multi-cultural. You will work on the verification of newly developed breast pump products in the Mother and childcare business category, together with functional developers, product architects and quality assurance managers. You will report functionally to your assigned project manager and hierarchically to the Group Lead Test and Verification.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Technical background, preferably mechatronics. Needs certainly an understanding of mechanics, electronics and software to use and improve test and measurement equipment;
• 3-5 years of experience in the field of test and verification within product development. Experience related to the development and testing of medical (FDA regulated) products is preferred. (ISO 13485, 21CFR820);
• Practical, with a strong hands-on mentality, also able to manage and delegate tasks when necessary;
• Good project management skills, ability to work in a structured and transparent way by defining working packages, and appropriate status reporting;
• Fluent written and verbal English skills as this is the primary language in the office;
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time;
• Quality mindset and comfortable with documentation; understands what an objective evidence is;
• Experience with DFSS green belt techniques is a plus.
• Understanding of optical measurements and equipment is a plus.
In return, we offer you
A chance to serve a bigger purpose: The work you do every day contributes to innovative health technologies and solutions that help improve billions of lives every year, even yours. This creates unexpected moments when your work and personal
life come together in meaningful ways.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.