Job Posting Title
Senior DevOps Engineer
Philips Digital Cognitive Diagnostics is a new business within the Philips HealthWorks venture organization. The venture is tasked with developing a new “software only” product called IntelliSpace Cognition. This new product, which is a class II medical device will help neurologists in assessing the cognitive performance of people with a neuro (degenerative) disease. The initial market for IntelliSpace Cognition is the US.
The venture is currently seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer who will be based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
• Update, deploy, and monitor systems developed by the development teams, passionately looking for opportunities to improve performance, reliability, and automation.
• Move implementation through development phases, from start of development to deployment, supporting various teams and client initiatives.
• Analyze and support DevOps requirements from architects and development engineers.
• Successfully manage the day-to-day usage and provisioning of cloud and hybrid resources, as well as helping build systems for dynamic scaling.
• Solid experience with key DevOps technologies including Docker, as well as DevOps experience in AWS / Cloud Foundry, including hybrid, serverless, IaaS, automation, and tools for CI/CD services.
• Wide-ranging experience in deploying, debugging, and managing systems in cloud environments such as AWS.
• Ability to build and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) systems for complex, distributed applications, using tools like Team Foundation Server and VSTS
• Experience with release managing and roll out to DTAP environments
• State of the art experience diagnosing and debugging applications in complex, distributed, containerized computing environments.
• Knowledge of development tools like TFVC, code branching/merging strategies, and familiarity with tools such as VSTS or similar.
• Minimum of 4+ years of industry experience.
• Strong experience with highly-scalable and distributed databases and the key issues affecting their performance and reliability.
• Experience or understanding of developing cloud pattern designed environments.
• An interest and preferable working experience in Agile development methodologies
• Excellent communication skills (fluent in English).
• Interest in joining a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural, multi-site team.
• Problem solving mindset, strong analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skills
• Fulltime available on-site (HTC)
Nice to haves:
• Hands-on development with relevant computing languages, frameworks, and libraries, such as .NET (Core) and Java.
• Relevant experience with Medical Device Software
The position is initially for a period of 3 months though may be extended through the course of 2020.
For more information:
For more information on IntelliSpace Cognition please see: