Senior Consumer Marketing Manager
As Sr. Consumer Marketing Manager in Kitchen Appliances we offer you an attractive balance of strategic thinking and hands-on activity in an international business environment while taking initial ideas through to product development and market introduction.
As Sr. Consumer Marketing Manager, you will drive the definition, development and introduction of products that bring ever-more rewarding and enjoyable experiences to consumers by meeting their needs. You will translate in-depth market-, consumer-, shopper insights, as well as competitive analyses into winning concepts by defining product positioning. You will drive consumer and shopper research to identify and optimize the winning concepts, to integrate these new concepts into strategic product roadmaps, and develop and bring the concept from idea to market. Specifically in this role you will:
• Steer the product development (PDLM) process from start to end, taking initial ideas through to product development and market introduction.
• Interact with various disciplines including Innovation, Technology & Development departments, internal and external Design agencies, manufacturing units or external suppliers, marketing management, marketing communication and international sales organizations.
• Work together with external partners to drive the propositions and maximize success.
• Help to extend the lifecycle of existing products by contributing with your marketing views.
• Interact on a regular basis with our marketing teams in key markets and ensure a successful product launch that fits with the local market needs.
You will be part of the Philips Kitchen Appliances team, within the Business Group Domestic Appliances. You will join us in the Breakfast cluster where Philips is an important and recognized brand globally. You will be working in a network of various stakeholders based in both the Netherlands (e.g., consumer marketing team, central communication team, market intelligence specialists) and in the countries (e.g., marketing specialists, key account managers). It will be your task to initiate projects that were recently identified to further boost the growth of the breakfast segment with amongst others, breakfast sets together with the Coffee business.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. This position is a 6 month maternity cover starting 1 May 2019 until 31 October 2019.
We are looking for
• MSc Degree in Engineering or Business Economics is strongly preferred. If an Engineering degree is paired with an MBA it will give a sizable advantage.
• Min. 8 years of work experience in a product development role within a consumer-oriented product company.
• Knowledge of the dynamics of marketing / brand management of consumer products/FMCG including new product / category introductions.
• Proven track record with global consumer / retail brands with a demonstrated ability to work with multiple and diverse markets.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Preference goes out to candidates who are familiar to the Philips processes and systems as it will speed up the on-boarding significantly.
• Ability to collaborate with local marketing, and sales teams, and create network within and outside the organization.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please apply for the job.
After a pre-selection based on your CV and Phone interview, you will be invited for face-to-face recruitment- and business interviews.