Position: Scanner SW Engineer - Full-Stack
Philips Digital Computational Pathology - Our Mission:
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analysis solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
Philips Digital Computational Pathology aims at digitizing the pathology workflow. Philips Digital Computational Pathology is developing advanced image analytics solutions including computer aided measurements and characterization to algorithms assisting the diagnosis. In the Scanner Department, we are developing a next generation digital microscope for facilitating the digitization of the images used in in the digital pathology workflows.
You will be part of Scanner Department in our Software Community.
As a Scanner Software Engineer, you will report directly to the Group Leader Scanner Platform within Research and Development Department.
You will be working in an Agile and multi-disciplinary team.
In the role of Scanner Software Engineer, you will strengthen the software engineering teams to ensure timely releasing of high quality products, systems and services.
You will become part of the development team designing the Scanner, our second-generation digital microscope. The Scanner is built on a Linux platform and utilizes various technologies implemented in a range of programming languages.
Within this role, your main responsibilities include:
• The design, implementation and documentation of software modules spanning a range of image processing algorithms, user interface components, state machines and control software.
• Understanding and communicating consequences of your design with respect to the intended architecture.
• Create tests for your implementations to ensure that, the software in question will be reliable, efficient and easy to maintain.
• Perform work in line with the product development software engineering processes in accordance with the quality management system.
• Your skills are full stack and you are comfortable in front-end development.
• You are a pragmatic programmer, with a passion for Code Craftsmanship and take pride in writing clean code, you are comfortable with pair programming and experienced in applying test driven development techniques as part of your personal drive to build in quality.
• You have experience in working with hardware, embedded systems and working in an Agile environment
• You are flexible and have an open attitude with good communication skills in English (and Dutch)
We are looking for:
A candidate who has knowledge of /is:
• A Bachelor or Master degree – preferably in computer science / informatics / software engineering
• At least 3 years of experience as a software developer / designer for product application development.
• Engineering Skills
o Object orientated Software design
o REST APIs
o Numerical Algorithm development
• Languages and Frame works
o React, Vue or Angular 2.x+
• Environments / Tooling
o Intelij / Eclipse
• Ability to work with Build Pipelines
o Jenkins & Docker
• Operating system