Scanner Software Engineer
Philips Digital Computational Pathology
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analysis solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
Philips Digital Computational Pathology aims at digitizing the pathology workflow. One of the components in this workflow is the digitization of the images used in pathology. Philips Digital Computational Pathology is developing a next generation digital microscope for that purpose.
As a Scanner Software Engineer, you will report directly to the Group Leader Scanner Platform within Research and Development Department.
In the role of Scanner Software Engineer, you will strengthen the software engineering teams to ensure timely releasing of high quality products, systems and services.
Philips Computational Pathology aims at digitizing the pathology workflow. One of the components in this workflow is the next generation of digital microscopes or Scanners. You will become part of the project that is designing this digital microscope. The Scanner, built on Linux platform utilizes various technologies and its software is realized in various languages.
Within this role, your main responsibilities include:
• The design, implementation and documentation of software modules in Java and/or C++ as well as software deployment on the target operating system. The modules span a range of image processing algorithms, user interface components, state machines and control software.
• Understanding and communicating consequences of your design with respect to the intended architecture.
• Create tests for your implementations to ensure that, the software in question will be reliable, efficient and easy to maintain.
• Perform work in line with the product development software engineering processes in accordance with the quality management system.
• You have experience in working with hardware, embedded systems and working in an Agile environment
• You have a passion for Code Craftsmanship and take pride in writing clean code, you are comfortable with pair programming and experienced in applying test driven development techniques as part of your personal drive to build in quality.
• You are flexible and have an open attitude with good communication skills in English (and Dutch)
The successful candidate has knowledge of /is:
• A Bachelor or Master degree – preferably in computer science / informatics / software engineering
• At least 3 years of experience as a software developer / designer for embedded product application development.
• Engineering Skills
Object orientated Software design, REST APIs, Numerical Algorithm development and porting (preferably Image processing), Understanding of Physics
• Languages and Frame works
Java, C++, Matlab, Angular JS
• Operating system
Linux, Tooling, Eclipse, Jenkins CI/CD