Q&R Project Manager
As Q&R project manager, you are part of a small central team at the core of Q&R for Personal Health.
From this central team we coordinate Quality and Reliability improvement initiatives across the eight businesses in Personal Health
(for example: Shavers, Beauty products, Coffee, Toothbrushes, Kitchen Appliances). The aim of these initiatives is to drive structural improvements across the businesses to improve customer satisfaction, reduce failure rates and Cost of Non-Quality.
You report to the director of Reliability program management. Your role involves coordination of projects, and ensuring progress
to plan. Project team members are located at Personal Health locations in Eindhoven (High Tech Campus), Amsterdam, Drachten
as well as USA and Singapore.
Next to motivational project leader skills, the role involves creation of dashboards that transform data into businesses insights.
Therefore, anaytical skills are also required.
• Create project management plans (deliverables, timing, resources) and ensure progress to plan in coordination with project team members. Reports progress, manages issues pro-actively and escalates as needed to secure progress.
• Create Q&R awareness level as determined within the organization.
• Drafts and manages the strategic improvement processes (‘breakthrough Program’) in the Business (One Page Strategy, Hoshin Plan).
• Interact with all areas involved in the product development process, customer services and sales and marketing and provide direction and consultation
• Create, maintain and report KPI dashboards (in Excel) to reflect progress to plan, as well as provide business insights and trends.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Progress to Plan
• Field Failure Rate (%)
• Quality Norm
• Cost of Non-Quality (CoNQ)
• Project Management
• People management and -motivation
• Problem Solving (Black Belt certification is a significant advantage, Green Belt is an advantage)
• Analytic thinking and skills: knows how transform data into insights and trends that are meaningful to the business (raw data extraction from data sources is not required)
• Reporting and dashboard creation (in Excel), to show the essential information from various data sources
Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
• Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
Dimensions related to Know-How, Complexity, and Accountability
• Career-level managers, who are fully qualified, experienced professionals
• A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
• Has a complete knowledge of company products and services.
• Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, customers and the company.
• Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team
Dimensions Relating to Problem Solving:
Thinking environment & -challenge
• Works on issues of diverse where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
• Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
• Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements.
• Has budget responsibilities
Dimensions Relating to Accountability:
Freedom to Act, Magnitude, Nature of impact
• Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
• In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
• Typically manages department budget
Sign up for new opportunities