Product Researcher Mother and Child Care
Do you want to work on the next generation devices and products for Philips in business such as Beauty and Mother & Child Care? As a Product Researcher, you represent the voice of the consumer throughout the product development process, to ensure that Philips innovations make a meaningful difference to consumers' lives. Based on deep consumer insights, you translate consumer needs into innovations that promote the health and well-being of consumers, working closely together with Marketing and Development.
- The Product Researcher works in product development projects, for Mother and Child Care (Philips Avent) and Beauty.
- You work as a business partner to scope the project definition and objective particularly concerning Insights, Benefits, Reason-to-Believe and Claims Areas.
- You collaborate with Consumer Marketing and Market Intelligence to translate the general needs of market segments into consumer insights and requirements. You lead the search for and validation of consumer insights using all appropriate (desk, qualitative, quantitative) research methods.
- For these Insights, you collaborate with the project team to identify and validate the detailed consumer needs and drivers for satisfaction.
- You contribute to the definition of product options based on in-depth understanding of these consumer needs.
- You translate sharply defined insights into clear technical product deliverables - going beyond reliance on pure data and information toward a pragmatic / sensing approach in expressing consumer needs.
- You validate whether the end-product meets the consumer needs and insight and check that these are executed according to regulatory (e.g., FDA) guidelines.
Philips Personal Health delivers lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise is Innovation & You. We aim to develop innovations that make a meaningful difference to people´s lives. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people´s needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
Innovation Site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) of Personal Health. It focuses on the development of medical and non-medical lifestyle products in the areas of Mother & Child Care and Beauty. The site is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. Innovation Site Eindhoven is looking at a very challenging growth task to bring more new ideas, and increasingly digital innovations and services, to the global market. At Innovation Site Eindhoven, improving well-being is our passion, creating awesome consumer experiences through real-life solutions, bringing value to Philips. We are an honest and inspirational team, daring to be different.
A key department in this site is Product Research and Consumer Care. This function represents the Voice of the Consumer in our Innovation & Development activities. It drives the translation of powerful insights into products and services that delight customers better than competition and live up to Philips? brand promise of Innovation & You. The influence of the department spans from insight generation, value proposition creation, solution development to market launch and forms a main link between I&D and the business. You will work in a team of Product Researchers and Consumer Care experts.
We are looking for:
- Master degree (in Human Technology Interaction, User Experience Design, Industrial Design Engineering or other engineering discipline) AND relevant experience in Consumer Research and / or Marketing.
- OR Master degree (in Social Sciences or Market Research) AND relevant experience in Technology businesses as part of a product development team.
- At least 7 years of experience in Usability / UX / Consumer Research, preferably in a global and multi-disciplinary setting and proven experience in developing and testing new propositions as well as digital/connected applications.
- You have applied a range of UX / UI / Usability / consumer research methods, tools and processes and know the ins and outs of each.
- Technical understanding combined with consumer mindset to be able to see the link between technology and consumers
- Experience with medical devices, especially with usability engineering, is a strong bonus.
- Passionate and driven to fully serve the customer and always outperform competition. Always looking for perfection with attention for details.
- Passionate about creating innovations and services that truly address consumer needs and delight our consumers.
- Conceptual, data driven, analytically strong and at the same time pragmatic and hands-on.
- A strong team player. You are an excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes.
- Courageous and smart thinker, able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally.
- Open to travel for the job.