Product Researcher Connected Health Devices
Do you want to work on various Connected Health Devices for Philips? As a Product Researcher, you represent the voice of the customer throughout the product development process, to ensure that Philips innovations make a meaningful difference to people’s lives. Based on solid insights, you translate user needs into innovations that promote the health and well-being of our customers, working closely together with Marketing and Development.
• The Product Researcher works in product development projects, in your specific case, projects for Connected Health Devices, including exciting propositions such as Home Monitoring.
• You collaborate with Marketing and Market Intelligence to understand the user needs and segments, and you translate these needs into insights and user requirements. You use all appropriate (desk, qualitative, quantitative) research methods.
• For these Insights, you collaborate with the cross-functional project team to identify and validate the detailed user needs and drivers for satisfaction of the various user segments.
• You contribute to the definition and selection of product options based on in-depth understanding of these user needs.
• You translate sharply defined insights into clear technical product deliverables, including user manuals and packaging.
• You validate whether the end-product meets the consumer needs and ensure that validation is executed according to regulatory (e.g., FDA) guidelines.
Philips Personal Health delivers lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise is Innovation & You. We aim to develop innovations that make a meaningful difference to people’s lives. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people’s needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
Innovation Site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) of Personal Health. It focuses on the development of medical and non-medical lifestyle products in the areas of Mother & Child Care, Beauty and Home Monitoring. The site is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. At Innovation Site Eindhoven, improving well-being is our passion, creating awesome user experiences through real-life solutions, bringing value to Philips. We are an honest and inspirational team, daring to be different.
A key department in this site is Product Research and Consumer Care. This function represents the Voice of the Consumer in our Innovation & Development activities. It drives the translation of powerful insights into products and services that delight customers better than competition and live up to Philips’ brand promise of Innovation & You. The influence of the department spans from insight generation, value proposition creation, solution development to market launch and forms a main link between I&D and the business. You will work in a team of Product Researchers and Consumer Care experts.
We are looking for:
• Master degree (in Human Technology Interaction, User Experience Design, Industrial Design Engineering or other engineering discipline).
• Relevant experience in technology/health businesses as part of a product development team.
• At least 7 years of experience in Usability / UX / User Research, preferably in a global and multi-disciplinary setting.
• Experience with medical devices and usability engineering.
• You have applied a range of UX/UI/user research methods, tools and processes and you know the ins and outs of each.
• Technical understanding combined with a user mindset to be able to see the link between technology and users.
• Passionate and driven to fully serve the customer and always outperform competition. Always looking for perfection with attention for details.
• Passionate about creating innovations and services that truly address user needs.
• Conceptual, data driven, analytically strong and at the same time pragmatic and hands-on.
• A strong team player. You are an excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes.
• Courageous and smart thinker, able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to continuously improve organizational effectiveness.
• Open to occasionally travel for the job.