Product Architect Intense Pulsed Light devices
In this assignment, you have the opportunity to
be at the core of the team that develops Philips Intense Pulsed Light devices, a strong growing business based on an alternative way of hair depilation with the unique advantage of keeping your skin smooth and free of hairs at all time.
The extra challenge is to combine the high pace of consumer goods development with the rigor of processes required for these medically regulated devices.
You are responsible for
• Creating the technical development logic according to lean scheduling.
• Ensuring the requirements flow-down
• Lead the risk control related to the device
• Proposing the trade-off between cost, functionality, appearance and make ability.
• Creating the product architecture, including Transfer Functions and Key Components.
• Defining verification plan and review test results.
• Executing root-cause analysis of production problems and consumer complaints
• Contributing to the functional knowledge base.
You will partner with
the Beauty team within Innovation Site Eindhoven, which is part of Personal Care. This team is responsible for development and maintenance of hair depilation products like the Philips Lumea range of Intense Pulsed Light devices and skin care devices like the VisaPure range. You will interact with many related parties, e.g. marketing, production, supply chain, procurement. You will be in a highly dynamic environment in an enthusiastic team.
You will report to Felix Peeters.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• A Master’s degree in Electronics, Mechatronics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Bio-mechanical engineering ;
• Have 5 years of experience in consumer product development; Preferably Medical product development;
• An excellent communicator (English) and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes, since you will be working with people of many disciplines and companies in product development;
• You are an abstract, analytical, and creative thinker,
• You are able to drive team decisions and to voice your opinion based on strong arguments and analytical data;
• Able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally;
• Always looking for perfection. You don’t accept underperformance or poor results. You have a quality mindset;
• You are preferably trained in Design for Six Sigma;
• Understanding of consumer needs and how this translates to the product
In return, we offer
To be part of a highly motivated team that encompasses all relevant functions to develop cutting edge medically regulated consumer devices in a growing business.
Why should you work at Philips?
We offer projects that really put your skills to the test. Lots of learning opportunities through regular, on-the-job feedback and knowledge exchange with specialists in many different fields. Creative freedom so you can express yourself and apply your expertise in a way that makes an impact. A friendly and collaborative culture that encourages you to contribute to our health tech strategy, making life better for 3 billion lives a year by 2025.