Principal Cloud Development Engineer for Clinical Data Repository (Freelance)
Lead and coach a development team dedicated to continuously enhancing our Clinical Data Repository (CDR) service, a foundational component of the Philips HealthSuite Platform, supporting a fast-growing base of internal and external customers in building new cloud-based healthcare solutions. You are a proven, hands-on expert in developing cloud-native micro-services using Java and Spring Boot framework, designing & implementing scalable services using the PostgreSQL technology stack, who is also in frequent interaction with developer communities.
Due to the foundational nature of the Clinical Data Repository(CDR) service, you will contribute to future healthcare cloud solutions built on the Philips HealthSuite platform (PaaS).
You are responsible for
• Define architecture strategy for the CDR service, balancing long- and short-term views
• Analyze feature requests, create designs, co-implement and tests these with the development team
• Define the database design for optimal performance, scalability and reliability
• Define the test automation strategy and continually enhance the test suites
• Define and lead the implementation of the deployment and monitoring strategies (DevOps)
• Participate in all agile software development ceremonies, aiming for frequent, secure, high-quality new deliveries, released according our QMS and regulatory standards
• Provide consulting and support for customer propositions & solutions
• Particpate and promote the service in internal & external FHIR communities
You are a part of
The Philips HealthSuite R&D organization, part of Innovation & Strategy, which delivers an open, cloud-based healthcare platform fostering an open and collaborative innovation focused on developing breakthrough health, wellness and life science solutions that will transform the way care is delivered. By connecting devices, unlocking data and fostering collaboration we will empower new forms of engagement, actionable insights and better health outcomes. The R&D team in the Netherlands consists is approximately 70 employees and works according state-of-the-art DevOps practices.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
• Between 10-15 years of experience with commercial software development
• You are a proven expert in designing and implementing scalable cloud-native micro-services preferably using Java and Spring framework.
• You have deep know-how and hands-on experience of logical & physical database design, querying using SQL, query optimization, database tuning using indexing, partitioning, etc.
• You are strong in designing RESTful API incorporating non-functional requirements like security, scalability, reliability, etc.
• Ample experience with cloud technologies, such as CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
• Have proven experience in technical and motivational leadership of development teams
• Relevant hands-on experience with DevOps, deployment models, Infrastructure as Code;
• Working experience in an Agile software development environment
• Good understanding of healthcare standards like HL7v2, IHE, FHIR is preferred.
• Experience with Python, Nodejs for deployment, test automation, deployment orchestration etc. is an additional advantage
In return, we offer you
A high tech environment where you will be working in a team of experienced engineers on key innovations primarily for Philips but also for large external companies.
• A competitive salary.
• 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually.
• A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance.
• Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching.
• Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field.
• Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package.
• Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount.
• Exciting, international environment at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.