Physical Distribution Specialist
Within Philips Healthcare there are various production locations or shipping points responsible for producing and shipping machines such as MR scanners and/or CT scanners. One of these locations is located in Best, The Netherlands and from here shipping takes place to customers all over the globe. As a final step in the production process, there are several requirements for preparing the physical shipment such as creating various types of documentation. This role is responsible for the seamless execution of that process in the shipping point of Best.
- Managing and coordinate outbound shipments in a team of specialist for specific regions in the world.
- Act as a first point of contact for escalations related to transportation management for the shipping point
- Align and collaborate with the Philips Control tower as well as with logistic service providers
- Manage project for the team in the Netherlands
You are part of the IWD (Integrated warehouse & distribution) Systems logistics group in Best, which consists of several members each responsible for this process of a specific region within the shipping point Best. You will report into the team-lead of IWD operations.
This position will allow you to prove and develop your Logistics and social skills to deliver operational excellence. Besides that, you can develop your personal and supply chain skills at an international level and based on your proven drive and results, provides great opportunity to develop your career.
We are looking for
- Someone who has affiliation with Transport and Distribution management including import and export
- A person who is willing to drive the process rather than being part of the process
- A person with following behavior and character: customer-focused, precise, persistent, finisher, make-it-happen attitude, pro-active, deliver on commitment, social, group player.
- Someone who is familiar with the LEAN terminology and way of working
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English