NPI Sr. Molding Engineer (Freelance)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Contribute to improve people's Health & Well-being through meaningful innovation, by connecting Innovation and Industrialization in the technical area. Together with a project team, the sr. molding engineer specifies and implements molding systems for mass manufacturing and as technical specialist, the sr. molding engineer is responsible for the process and takes care that molding systems are performing against product and production requirements.
You are responsible for
- Benchmark own activities. Define trend reports and technology roadmap (long term plan) for own technology area
- Specify and outsource engineering development activities, research activities, production systems and tools. Supplier auditing and developing
- Define TFC/IPD plan for own activities. Define well considered concept choices.
- Review activities of engineers and suppliers
- Manage the execution of multi capex-, improvement- and outsourcing projects. Actively use risk management tools. Lead AD projects or sub-PDLM projects
- Define, apply and improve SWI procedures and supplier base mgt tools and methods. Develop and use of DFSS improvement tools. Support engineers regarding to tools and methods. Apply lean manufacturing principles.
- Define, execute and secure Knowledge Management plans for own competence area. Plan resources for own activities
- Coach team members. Give input for performance appraisals of team members.
You are part of:
The NPI team in Drachten. NPI develops & realizes world-class industrialization solutions with passion for Shavers, Grooming and other Philips products. NPI plans and implements integral architecture for product, process and supply chain to improve cost agility, time to market, volume mix flexibility & sustainability.
NPI develops partnerships (Turn Key suppliers) to speed up innovation and use their knowledge & state of the art technologies resulting in fast & smooth product launches. NPI implements robust sustainable processes and equipment by applying Standard Work Industrialization and DFSS. We apply Lean Excellence principals in everything we do, by strong and competent teams:
- Manage competences (e.g. training & job rotation)
- Attract and develop divers talent
- Apply knowledge management
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Knowledge of fundamentals plastic part making
- Able to execute DFM analyses, make DFM reports and analyze DFM reports
- Basic knowledge of resins used.
- Knowledge about measuring, able to read and understand drawings
- Able to use NX or equivalent 3D CAD system
- Understanding of Moldflow analyses.
- Understanding of mold constructions, knowledge on mold cost drivers
- Understanding of injection molding process, able to do molding trials, trouble shooting and process investigations.
- Able to make functional mold and functional molding specifications
- Able to estimate mold prices and cycle times of injection molding process
- Able to manage ordering, realization and release of new molds
- Minimal Six Sigma or DMAIC trained (Green Belt), preferably certified
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English
- Ability to influence stakeholders and team up with others
- Decisive, result driven and creative team player
- Proactive approach, can-do mentality and hands on way of working.
- Can work autonomously and in teams
- Able to think in scenarios
- Challenging attitude when needed
Education and experience:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical engineering
- Minimal 5 years relevant working experience in plastic p