NPI Assembly Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Contribute to improve people’s Health & Well-being through meaningful innovation, by connecting Innovation and Industrialization in the technical area.
Together with a project team, the assembly engineer specifies and implements assembly systems and equipment for mass manufacturing and as technical specialist, the assembly engineer is responsible for the process and takes care that assembly systems are performing against product and production requirements.
You are responsible for
• Actively studying and informing about trends and new technologies of own technology area (including sustainability).
• Specify and outsource process, tools and equipment.
• Review activities of suppliers, implementation and provide aftercare.
• Define and execute capex-, improvement- and outsourcing projects. Actively use risk management tools.
• Apply and improve standard SWI procedures and supplier base management tools and methods. Develop and use of DFSS improvement tools. Support engineers regarding tools and methods. Apply lean manufacturing principles
• Apply and improve knowledge- and competence management for own activities.
• Coach junior engineers and trainees.
You are part of:
The NPI Final Assembly & Decoration team in Drachten.
NPI develops & realizes world-class industrialization solutions with passion for Shavers, Grooming and other Philips products. NPI plans and implements integral architecture for product, process and supply chain to improve cost agility, time to volume & sustainability.
NPI develops partnerships (Turn Key suppliers) to speed up innovation and use their knowledge & state of the art technologies resulting in fast & smooth product launches.
NPI implements robust sustainable processes and equipment by applying Standard Work Industrialization and DFSS. Apply Simply Philips principals in everything we do, by strong and competent teams:
Manage competences (e.g. training & job rotation)
Attract and develop divers talent
Apply knowledge management
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical engineering
• Experience in assembly techniques
• Six Sigma trained (Green Belt DFSS)
• Good analytical and conceptual skills
• Decisive, result driven and creative team player
• Ability to influence stakeholders and team up with others
• Proactive approach, can-do mentality and hands on way of working.
• Can work autonomously and in teams