Model Driven Software Engineer (Freelance)
Will you be strengthening our teams with your in-depth Model Driven Engineering skills and experiences and make a substantial contribution to the innovation of our mechatronics software solutions for high-end medical Xray Systems' In this role, you are involved in the next step in software engineering! Our department will be focusing on creating and applying state of art modelling techniques (e.g. Dezyne, Cocotec) to drive the engineering process.
You are responsible for
- Design and implementation of software (on component or module level) using modelling techniques - understand and communicate consequences of your design on the architecture and influence design specification;
- Design software on the basis of requirement and design specifications in accordance, to ensure that the software will be reliable, efficient, user-friendly, easy to maintain and meet the (medical) quality and coding standards;
- Implement class, unit integration and unit tests for the designed modules or components;
- Initiatives and active participation for continuous improvement and scrum process.
Our challenge is to
We aim to make the world healthier through innovation by providing to our customer the best portfolio of image guided therapy systems to support minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment for a variety of critical conditions. Our products support physicians performing providing the best treatment in the most demanding conditions, from cardiovascular to oncological and neurological treatment. We touch patients' lives when it matters most and we aim to do it in the most reliable, effective and sustainable way.
You are a part of
The Business Unit IGT Systems, which is responsible for marketing, development, manufacturing, services and solutions in the area of cardiac and vascular medical diagnosis and intervention. Our customers are interventional specialists in the cardiology, vascular surgery, neurology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe. You will join a high-performance and culturally diverse department in a dynamic environment. The department consists of 35-40 highly educated software engineers responsible for developing the robotic subsystems of our interventional X-ray systems.
We offer the opportunity to play a role in the development of IGT Systems from Concept Start until End of Life and to contribute to the way our innovations improve the health of billions of people across the globe. You will work in close cooperation with various teams across Philips IGT, playing a vital role in creating and maintaining a state of the art software stack. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Experiences with modelling techniques (formal verification tooling like Dezyne, Cocotec)
- At least 5 years of experience as a C++ (v11) Software Designer for real-time performance software product
- Experiences with ?Object Oriented Analysis and Design? and
- Component Based development (e.g. usage of DCA pattern)
- Excellent ability in conceptual thinking and be able to reason at different levels of abstraction.
- Collaborate within the team, working in pairs with programmers and other cross functional Agile teams;
- Be positive and solution-oriented with team members and stakeholders
- Display critical, quality oriented, skeptical thinking about the product
- Actively acquire information from stakeholders (rather than relying entirely on written specifications)
You'll get bonus points for:
- Experience in a mechatronics environment
- Experience in a regulated environment