Place in the organization:
The department Development is part of the innovation chain of Philips Personal Health in the business of Male Grooming. The department contains about 160 engineers divided in functionally specialized groups and is responsible for the development of Philips Shavers, Trimmers and One Blade. One of these specialized groups is Machining, Measuring and Materials and for this group we are looking for a Metrology Engineer.
A Metrology Engineer owns the knowledge necessary to develop and maintain a measurement process within agreed performance indicators. He or she is responsible for the development and deployment of measurements of critical to quality (CTQ) parameters to support function development, process development and production processes in the factory. It involves the definition what to measure, the choice of data gathering, development of algorithms to process the data and formulate conclusions with function and process developers.
Different measuring machines (CMM’s) and different sensor technologies are used to measure our 3D shapes in an accuracy range of microns.
The following main tasks are relevant for this job:
- Writing of data processing algorithms (Python).
- Assess new product proposals on measurability.
- Document measurement solutions.
- Set up a scanning method including machine choice, fixture design and measuring scripts.
- Execute a measuring system analysis to validate the accuracy of the solution.
- Define, set up and execute experiments to map causes of deviation.
- Excellent Python programmer with an Academic or Bachelor degree.
- Feeling for Precision Metal Working and geometrical measurements.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods (DfSS).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Decisive, result driven and creative team player.
- Ability to communicate on different levels (management, technical specialists, external suppliers).