For the Mechanical Engineering Group (ME) we are looking for an engineer who will work on product development of Grooming and Beauty appliances, i.e. Shavers, Groomers, One Blade, Epilators and Accessories, from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team.
As an engineer you are responsible for the mechanical design, implementation, test, and documentation efforts necessary to support the development of mechanical components for use in Grooming and Beauty appliances.
You will implement new concepts into products that will deliver value for our customers when removing hair from head, face and body. Together with an on-site team and/or our offshore development partners, you design, verify and validate the mechanical construction of a module or an appliance and detail the parts in 3D and 2D towards final technical product documentation.
You are part of a multidisciplinary development team consisting of e.g. system engineers, function development engineers, application research specialists, electronic and mechatronic engineers. Being the technical counterpart for commercial managers and designers, you realize the most attractive appliances compared to competition.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
You will lead in the design and testing of products by carrying out the following tasks:
- Design and detail mechanical components and systems according specification, including conducting predictive analysis and calculations.
- Select materials (metal and plastics) and processes appropriate for those designs.
- Detail 3D and 2D files incorporating Design for (mass) Manufacturing and Design for Assembly requirements.
- Manage product requirements, lead DFMEA?s and follow the v-model methodology.
- Obtain parts and create prototypes.
- Lead ideations sessions, drive concept creation and decision making.
- Plan and prioritize your own work and manage the interfaces with other modules/parts ? able to work via agile approach.
- Depending on team role, keep oversight of the complete appliance development.
- Write test protocols, conduct tests, analyze data, and report results.
- Successfully interact with associates in other departments, such as Systems Engineering, Architecture, Manufacturing Operations, Procurement, and engineering staff to achieve project and product objectives.
- Develop new test methods and tools as necessary.
- Identify gaps and implement improvements to bring the mechanical engineering group to a higher level.
- Capture and re-use of existing knowledge and share learnings.
- Document your choices and proof in a Design History File (evidence document).
- Archiving design files in Windchill.
- Be a highly motivated, self-disciplined, open minded, individual possessing hands-on skills.
You will be part of the Grooming & Beauty Mechanical Engineering team that consists of 30 enthusiastic technical specialists. The projects are demanding for great results. Grooming & Beauty is an inclusive, divers and open work environment and is celebrating success regularly. You will report into the Mechanical Engineering Group Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Master / Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in the field of mechanical product development;
- Experience with working in (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer;
- Familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and are skilled in 3D CAD (Siemens NX);
- Knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and/or metal and you are familiar with the mass manufacturability aspects (mould / assembly tooling design);
- Ability to document requirements, tests, and designs;
- Ability to rapidly develop engineering concepts and drive them to functional prototypes;
- Ability to effectively utilize both empirical and theoretical methods to solve complex problems;
- Experience with CFD analysis, FEA (Ansys), and/or other analytical software programs;
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals on a project team;
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering and scientific principles to solve problems;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- (Experience in the design and development of medical devices or the medical device industry) ? tbd.
- Excellent hands-on Engineer and a proactive team player with strong leadership and communication skills;
- Quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma (i.e. being greenbelt certified) is a plus;
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- Determination in decision making and independence;
- Ambitious, has leadership skills and is a team player and you have good coordination, communication skills.