Mechanical Product Development Engineer– CL Innovation Site Eindhoven
Philips Consumer Lifestyle is one of the three market-driven sectors within Philips Electronics, delivering lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise is Innovation and You, meaning that our products are designed around the consumer, advanced and easy to experience. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people's needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
The Innovation site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) Consumer Lifestyle. It focuses on the development of medically and non-medically endorsed lifestyle products. It is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. The Innovation Site Eindhoven is looking at a very challenging growth task to bring faster, more new ideas to the global market.
You will be responsible for the product development (mechanical engineering and documentation) in the development, realization and aftercare of innovative products. Within this role you will be linked to our innovation area IPL.
• You develop new and optimize existing product concepts within cross-functional teams.
• You support function development via defining and realizing models and test set-ups.
• You define, create the mechanical construction including 3-D models and 2-D drawings of new products.
• You do, or lead, the detail design of Key Components, and you support their realization.
• You proof, that the design meets the requirements by means of tolerance analysis, material selection, stress and deformation calculations, simulations etc.
• You manage the Product Documentation (the BOM and the Design History File).
• You do the root-cause analysis of production problems and consumer complaints.
• Your scope is international so some travelling, sometimes for several weeks, is part of this job.
You have a background in Mechanical / Bio-mechanical engineering at a high qualitative level (Masters). You have a proven track record and experience (?3 yrs.) in development and realization of new consumer products in a R&D environment. You have experience in one or more relevant fields of competency for consumer products, such as mechanics, plastics (polymers), rubber materials, common manufacturing techniques, etc.
• a Masters (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering .
• Experience with consumer products (mechanical construction).
• Experience in mechanical design and product documentation.
• Knowledge of plastic materials (used in design for consumer products).
• Experience in CAD design using CREO.
• Experience in FE Analysis using Ansys (definition of boundary conditions and analysis of the results is the minimum).
• Experience in cooperation in a multi-site multi-partner development environment.
• Preferably you are familiar with Design for Six Sigma.
• Experience in developing largely mechanical consumer products.
• Experience in developing medical devices.
• An abstract, analytical, and creative thinker.
• Open minded towards other disciplines and companies in the field of product development.
• An excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes.
• Able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally.
• Always looking for perfection. You don't accept underperformance or poor results. You have a quality mindset.
• Fluent in English.
• Willing to travel for the job for 10% of your time.