Mechanical Engineer – Life Cycle Management / Philips Avent (M&CC)
The Innovation Site Eindhoven is a dynamic innovation site for medical B2C products, part of Innovation & Development (I&D). The Innovation Site focuses on the development of medical and non-medical endorsed lifestyle products, and is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions within Philips strategy. We are looking at a very challenging growth task to bring faster and more new ideas to the global market.
One of the key growth areas at the Innovation Site Eindhoven is the Mother and Child Care (M&CC) category. The M&CC team is committed to supporting parents and their babies, giving them the best start in life to set the stage for healthy futures.
The Mother & Childcare set-up is international, with supply centers and strategic suppliers spread around the world. The primary working location for this position is the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. You report to Group Lead LCM Mechanical Engineering, Packaging and TPD.
The LCM mechanical team is responsible for creating, updating and maintaining the technical product documentation during the lifecycle phase of innovative products. We optimize and update existing product concepts within cross-functional teams including the marketing/sales and manufacturing organizations.
The Life Cycle Management team analyzes product issues in the market (root-cause analysis of both production problems and consumer complaints) and takes corrective actions if required, by defining and executing changes on existing products. We are responsible to make sure that any design change meets the requirements by means of tolerance analysis, material selection, stress and deformation calculations, simulations, validation and verification.
The key responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer are:
• You define, create, update and maintain the technical product documentation including 3-D models and 2-D drawings, BOM structure, Design History Files and Device Master Records.
• You implement Engineering Change Tasks to update and manage the configuration of products and by this maintaining the Technical Product Documentation in our product PLM system Windchill.
• Reviewing changes on Bill of Materials as well as Technical Product Documentation together with Development leads, packaging engineers and/or factories.
• Writing compliance RFQ’s for test houses, test design for internal testing and verification reports afterwards.
Education and experience:
Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or Mechatronic Engineering.
2-5 years of relevant engineering experience is required in the fields like consumer goods, fast moving goods, toys, automotive, consumer electronic devices or medical devices.
• Experience with technical product data management (Bill of material, drawings)
• Experience in writing product development-related technical documentation (e.g. test plan, test reports, technical risk analysis, etc.)
• Experience with products physical testing and FEM analysis.
• Experience with injection-molded plastic parts design and tolerance analysis for mass production.
• Track record in using PTC Creo Parametric and Minitab (statistical analysis).
• Experience with Windchill is an advantage
• Preferably you are familiar with Design for Six Sigma methodology
• Team player
• Customer focused and a quality-oriented mindset
• Able to identify product and users related risks
• Assertive and meticulous: make sure that procedures and standards are duly followed
• Eager to learn and improve the way of working
• Ability to handle multiple projects in parallel
• Fluent in English (writing and talking)
• Experience in communicating with a diversity of stakeholders
• Accurate in writing and verbal communication
• Strong problem solving skills
• Committed to meet agreed timelines
• flexible & able to make own work schedule using given priorities