Market & Digital Marketing Data Scientist
In the Consumer & Marketing Intelligence team in BG Personal Care, we work with various data sources (retail panel data, media spend, ATL data, Amazon data etc). In order to make better use of the large quantity of data that we have, we started building a data science / advanced analytics capability in our team. By means of combining data sources and by means of more elaborately analyzing the current data, we intend to gain new insights from the data, and improve our data-driven decision making
Last year we already started several analytics projects, but we are expanding in the coming year. Some projects will be done by ourselves, others will be done in cooperation with either a third party, of with data science departments in Philips.
In order to improve our capabilities, and come with data science proof points, we need someone who can work with our marketing and consumer data and champion a data driven culture where actionable insights inform our decision-making. You will be the specialist in market and consumer (digital) data analytics and connect the dots between different data sources. You will be implementing impactful advanced analytics to generate actionable insights and support the strategy and future growth of Philips Personal Care.
You will be responsible for the various data science projects within BG Personal Care. On the one hand, you will do the analytics for several projects yourself, by applying elaborate statistical analytics and/or by combining various data sources into one platform. On the other hand, you will also be responsible for the management of projects that we do together with third parties or Philips departments.
You will be the expert in data science in our team, and you know when to apply the most appropriate kind of analysis. You can apply the latest tools and techniques and know how to find the proper tools and software if they are not instantly available at Philips.
You will have the ability to manage multiple projects, to meet deadlines and deliver results. You will make sure that all projects are planned well, stakeholders are involved and updated in time and that results are deployed properly and within the deadlines. You will need to be able to connect the dots and translate quantitative information into meaningful insights. You will maintain a good working relationship with the other data science department within Philips.
We are looking for:
• Min. 2-3 years of working experience in the area of data science / advanced analytics
• You love to work with large data sets and you know how to structure data. Strong analytical skills and natural high level of curiosity to help build up deep fact-based market and product category knowledge.
• Very curious mind-set, eager to find insights behind large data sets, and ability to transform results into actionable insights
• Hands-on mentality, not shy away from down-to-earth work
• An analyst who feels at ease with various stakeholders and has great communicative skills
• Able to work in agile way (scrum) and is familiar with the planning tools behind them
• Excellent R/Python/SQL skills and experience with analysis of market data.
• Good project management skills; ability to plan & prioritize
• Some experience in marketing area, working with marketing data (retail panel data, market shares, Amazon data, etc)
• Business fluency in English (written & verbal)
• Available fulltime, 32-40 hours per week