Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly
Join a team of Assembly engineers to drive improvements in one of the most advanced manufacturing sites of Europe. You will contribute to produce multi-millions of advanced products for Philips Royal.
You are responsible for Driving Operational Excellence where problem-solving, teamwork, and leadership results in continuous improvement in the Philips organization. Focusing on the customers' needs, keeping the employees positive and empowered, and continually improving the current activities in the workplace. Through developing and maintaining manufacturing processes, workflows and equipment, this team enables the Operations department to achieve its goals and satisfy customer's needs. Besides that, the team is working on the factory of the future by continuously improving processes and by extending capabilities with innovative new processes.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you are also responsible for transferring new products to the factory for (mass)production, by developing efficient manufacturing processes, taking into account all possible risks.
This is achieved through good cooperation with the Site Manufacturing Engineering team and other stakeholders in the organization.
- Diagnose equipment failures, collect data to identify root causes and develop sustainable solutions
- Oversee operator instructions, critical parameters, checklists, training materials and training plans for all assembly operations, recommended needed processes, technical expertise, and tooling for optimization of production runs
- Lead process development of the assembly process through parameter optimization, DOE experiments, and trials that will lead to a robust process
- Work closely with Site Manufacturing Engineering teams to define requirements and implement new innovations
You are a part of
Production Engineering. A young, skilled and highly motivated team that supports the Operations departments and drives continuous improvement in the Philips organization. Eager to learn attitude and willingness to adopt good new things. The overall Production Engineering team has some 50 colleagues. Besides of being part of Production Engineering you are a team member within the assembly department.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (preferably: mechanical engineering)You are eager to learn more of the current assembly processes and all what is needed to run and to improve production
- You are capable of transforming knowledge into practical actions.
- You have root cause analysis skills
- Problem solving and projects are mostly run in multi-disciplinary teams. You are capable to lead a team;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English is required
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Improvement techniques is an advantage.