Service Innovation - Manufacturing Engineer
The Philips Digital Pathology Solutions organization (DPS) is providing products and services to the pathology labs worldwide. For Philips this is a new area within healthcare, which gives opportunities for market growth in new and existing customers. It completes the oncology care cycle the Philips Healthcare provides to customers.
Keeping the installed products correctly and effectively working requires continuous improvements. Improvements of quality issues and providing new products is a challenge that needs to be addressed.
• Receive components and subassemblies from supplier, verify quality and manage non conformances.
• Integrate components into the first pilot products, supported by the first of a kind manufacturing instructions and the development team
• Calibrate the pilot products, verify the product quality and manage non conformances.
• Manage the pilot systems in the laboratory, keep them calibrated and make sure the development team can use them in a controlled way
• You operate pretty autonomously within existing procedures, methods and techniques that are under development. You provide input on optimizing the way of working based on your experiences.
• You support in the introduction of new products at customer sites
DPS is organized into 3 main departments: I2M innovation to market (development), M2O market to order (sales) and O2C order to cash (installation and service). This function is in the I2M service innovation department. Service will do operational actions on site but also service innovation. Your team is the service innovation team which currently has 5 people, located in Best.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Changing from initial market creation into a mature business which is reliable and profitable.
We are looking for
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing
- MBO mechanical, electrical, mechatronic engineering or a similar technical field (physics, aerospace, etc.)
- Good communication skills with engineers and customers
- Flexible in working in a fast growing and changing organisation
- Experience in medical devices environment or otherwise highly regulated industry